NHL Fantasy League - Game On - Episode VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Garon injured?

I sure hope he didn't get pulled after 1 goal on 11 shots...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
      I'm just disappointed that all I got out of Gomez and Rafalski was a combined +2 and 1 assist.
      I'm just disappointed that Mr Boo is kicking my butt.
      Last edited by notyoueither; January 18, 2006, 00:35.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I had a spectacular start to the week on Monday.

0G 0A -2 0PPP(duh) 6.01GAA 0.824svp

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Things are looking up today though.

Thanks for Gionta, Asher. 2G 0A +1 1PPP tonight
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Stillman, Brind'Amour and Knuble managed to combine for 0G 0A +0 0PPP tonight in a 4-3 game.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• You sent me damaged goods!

NHLer Palffy calling it quits
                WebPosted Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:44:12 EST
                CBC Sports

The pain from a lingering shoulder injury has become too much for veteran National Hockey League forward Zigmund Palffy, who is leaving the game after 11-plus seasons.

On Wednesday, the Pittsburgh Penguins winger announced his retirement, effective immediately, due to personal reasons.

"I have agreed on all matters related to my retirement with the Pittsburgh management," Palffy told a newspaper in his native Slovakia. "There is no point in suffering any longer."

Palffy, 33, first injured his right shoulder in January 2004 when he was a member of the Los Angeles Kings. He twice had reconstructive surgery, but problems persisted.

"I have talked to my doctor and he did not recommend a third operation," Palffy told the newspaper.

Palffy had previously retired from the Slovak national team ahead of next month's Torino Olympics.

Despite the injury, Palffy has managed to score 11 goals and 42 points in 42 games for the Penguins this season, but hasn't found the net since Dec. 16.

He has missed only four games due to a groin injury after signing a three-year contract with Pittsburgh last off-season.

Palffy is the second player the Penguins have lost for the remainder of the season. Goalie Jocelyn Thibault underwent hip surgery on Jan. 11.

In 684 career NHL games, Palffy has 329 goals and 384 assists for 713 points.

He made his NHL debut in the 1993-94 season with the New York Islanders and three times reached the 40-goal mark in five seasons on Long Island.

Palffy had a career-high 48 goals and 90 points during the 1996-97 season.

In 1999, the two-time all-star was part of a six-player trade with Los Angeles, where he spent five years.

Pittsburgh (11-26-9) enters Thursday's home game against the New York Rangers on a seven-game losing streak.

with files from Associated Press
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• McCabe and Garon are now both injured, but neither is on the IR.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                    You sent me damaged goods!
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Can someone explain to me how Datsyuk got 0G, 2A, but 3 PPP?

Comment

• The NW division is insane.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Make it 46 points for Minny now - Toronto goes down in flames again.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Breaking news: An NHL player tested positive for a banned substance.

Coincidentally, Bryan Berard of CBJ is calling a press conference...

Edit: Confirmed, Berard has been a bad boy.
                            He won't be going to the Olympics.

Last edited by Asher; January 19, 2006, 21:20.

Comment

• It should be noted that the IOC was able to find Nandrolone in over 14% of muscle-building supplements it tested - all claiming to be "natural", "safe" or "steroid free".
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Wow. Terrible officiating so far.

Phantom call against Montreal, then phantom call against Calgary 10 seconds later...20 seconds later another phantom call against Montreal...

And the first penalty against Calgary was controversial too.

Comment

Working...
                                X