No announcement yet.

NHL Fantasy League - Game On - Episode VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohhh, I see nye picked up Huselius. A good pick.

Maybe next year Yahoo should have a category for goals scored from behind the net based on an intentional deflection off the back of the goalie. Huselius has 3 goals like that already since joining the Flames.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Also, Hossa, Kovalchuk, and Savard...

face it, any coach would kill to have 2 goal scorers on a line...

the reason you don't see it more often is because most teams aren't lucky enough to have TWO ELITE GOAL SCORERS
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
        Also, Hossa, Kovalchuk, and Savard...

face it, any coach would kill to have 2 goal scorers on a line...

the reason you don't see it more often is because most teams aren't lucky enough to have TWO ELITE GOAL SCORERS
        A real coach playing real teams understands the value in spreading those players out from time to time.

Ottawa is easy to beat if you shut down that first line. All their eggs are in one basket.

Calgary can (and did) put Regehr and Phaneuf, or Regehr and Warrener after that line and it's quiet all night.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Gretsky, Kurri
          Messier, Anderson

*sigh*
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Hint for Sava: Drop Ohland...pick up Liles...

Comment

• yeah, he's on waivers until the 12th, but thanks for the tip
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

A real coach playing real teams
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ohhh, I see nye picked up Huselius. A good pick.

Maybe next year Yahoo should have a category for goals scored from behind the net based on an intentional deflection off the back of the goalie. Huselius has 3 goals like that already since joining the Flames.
                  Stats said grab Torres, but that's too many eggs in one basket. Also, Huselius is on a good per game clip. Finally, the NHL is sponsoring a Flame for a Day ride.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• The latest news, videos, scores and more on the biggest sports, including NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA, NASCAR and more with Sporting News Canada

The Lightning and Andreychuk find the only graceful exit
                    January 10, 2006

The Lightning have waived captain Dave Andreychuk -- a move that makes as much sense as signing him to a two-year deal last summer didn't. It was the right thing to do for the team, a necessary thing to do. In a statement, Tampa G.M. Jay Feaster said that neither the team nor Andreychuk could have guessed what the new NHL would look like, would play like. They couldn't have known that Andreychuk wouldn't fit in. That's not completely true. They could have guessed. They should have known. But both sides were hoping there would still be a place for Andreychuk in this world, a way to be reasonably productive on the ice and influential to the team off of it. It didn't work out that way.

That is something everyone but the team and Andreychuk could have guessed. But in a unique move that says, "we take responsibility for our actions and our commitments" Feaster said that when Andreychuk clears waivers, he will be assigned to the AHL but will not have to report. In a move that says "we care about a player who helped lead our team to the Stanley Cup," the Lightning did not force Andreychuk into actual retirement or force him to suffer the humiliation of ending a Hall of Fame career on AHL busses just to collect the rest of his season's salary.

"Were David to retire, the Club would be relieved of its financial obligations under the contract," Feaster said in the statement. "We felt that was not fair to David and his family and thus, in the end, our only realistic option was to place him on waivers today with the intention of assigning him to Springfield in the AHL once he clears those waivers, but not requiring that he actually report. This enables David to continue being paid this season without having to actually play in the AHL."

It's a nice gesture and an odd one in the world of this CBA, where ridding themselves of the rest of Andreychuk's contract would help the team. Another nice gesture would be for Andreychuk to admit that he miscalculated his abilities at his age, after a year off, in this new-rules league. He could thank the Lightning for their offer and graciously retire, leaving a reported $800,000 behind.

Who am I to ask someone to pass on 800 grand? There's no doubt Andreychuk worked hard and tried his best to be useful to the team. He gets points, if not dollars, for that.

Maybe they could compromise. Split the difference somehow. Andreychuk stays on with the AHL affiliate in Springfield, technically, until there is only $400,000 left for him to be paid then he retires and has a night in his honor at the St. Pete Times Forum.

Either way, the NHL says goodbye to Dave Andreychuk today. No team could possibly find a reason to claim him on waivers. Let's choose to remember his playing career with the image of him jumping up and down with the Stanley Cup over his head and not the struggling anachronism we saw through the first half of this season.
                    What can I say -- he should have retired after he won the cup. Even last season he was pretty shaky.

It was completely retarded of the Lightning to sign him for 2 more seasons. But classy of them to not force him to retire or play in the AHL.

Comment

• McCabe is out in tonight's game due to a groin injury.

Yahoo says he sustained it in the game versus Calgary? Didn't he play right after that?

Comment

McCabe is out in tonight's game due to a groin injury.

Yahoo says he sustained it in the game versus Calgary? Didn't he play right after that?
                        He might have. But maybe he only realised afterwards that its not just a slight discomfort, and something he needs to take some vacation time to let heal.
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• What the heck is wrong with Iginla? Hes a -2 tonight, no goals, no assists.

I demand better perfomance.
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• The whole team was flat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
                              What the heck is wrong with Iginla? Hes a -2 tonight, no goals, no assists.

I demand better perfomance.
                              but he had 3 shots on goal!!!
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Working...
                                X