Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher
    By the way, for the naysayers:

So far since the Iginla-Gionta trade, Gionta has 0 goals, 0 assists, and Iginla has 1G.
    yes... 1 whole game

YOU MIGHT WANNA WAIT A LITTLE LONGER TO EVALUATE THAT

dumas
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• So far, so good. If I didn't make the trade I'd have lost in the goals category last week.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• and in the long run you might end up losing more
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• About the stranger at Habs practice

the local sports radio interviewed Souray I think it was after the incident, and he said Mike Ryder better watchout, he has competition.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• @ that guy
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
              and in the long run you might end up losing more
              I doubt it. Look at Gionta's SOG trends.

Games before Elias' return:
              Dec. 28th: 8
              Dec. 29th: 5
              Dec. 31st: 3

Games after Elias' return:
              Jan. 3rd: 3
              Jan. 5th: 0

Can you spot the trend?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• he also had 3 SOG on Jan 7th...

OH AND ON Jan 3rd HE HAD 2 GOALS

and on the 5th he had an assist and was +2

Originally posted by Asher

Can you spot the trend?
                Yes... you keep defending your dumas trade
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Can you spot the trend?
                  While I agree with you Asher, that you got a good deal, I hardly think you can make a trend of SOG.

A better indicator is points, and what line he is on. If he got demoted because Elias is back, then that's an indicator. SOG, with such a small sample size, could very much be skewed considering blocked shots and shots that missed the net or were deflected.

Comment

Can you spot the trend?
                    In contrast to Iginla's SOG:

Dec 31st: 2
                    Jan 2nd: 3
                    Jan 6th: 3
                    Jan 7th: 5

Comment

• unfortunately SOG is not a stat we track in this league

we only count the ones that go in
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
                        While I agree with you Asher, that you got a good deal, I hardly think you can make a trend of SOG.

A better indicator is points, and what line he is on. If he got demoted because Elias is back, then that's an indicator. SOG, with such a small sample size, could very much be skewed considering blocked shots and shots that missed the net or were deflected.
                        This is an observable trend in teams with a star shooter on the same line as someone doing well.

If the "star" comes back, he tends to become a pucket magnet and the other shooter can do less. His assists may increase, but I don't need assists...my goal production is hurting.

And watching Iginla really turn up his game this week, I'm far more confident Iginla is going to be getting me more goals now than Gionta will. Not to mention when the trade for the playmaking-center comes through.

Huselius (playmaking winger), Weight(?) (playmaking center), Iginla...that will be a goal-mine.

The lack of a center like Conroy has hurt Iggy.

Comment

• Iginla is turning it up? Jeez, I hope so.

I barely lost GWG last week in my keeper league. I needed that point

Comment

unfortunately SOG is not a stat we track in this league

we only count the ones that go in
                            Thanks for that, I didn't know it, being the one who selected the stats.

There's a lot more statistics to hockey than goals and assists. If you understood them better, you wouldn't be so far behind me in the rankings.

Comment

This is an observable trend in teams with a star shooter on the same line as someone doing well.

If the "star" comes back, he tends to become a pucket magnet and the other shooter can do less. His assists may increase, but I don't need assists...my goal production is hurting.

QUOTEDFORBULL****

when a star comes back, everyone on the line benefits

if you think otherwise you are a complete and utter moron

but I think you are smarter than this... I think you're just trying to defend your trade... just be a man and admit you wanted Iginla!!! JESUS CHRIST IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU TO DO THIS THAT YOU NEED TO RESORT TO BULL**** ARGUMENTS??!!

JUST ADMIT YOU WANTED YOUR HOMETOWN CALGARY GUY

because you are just starting to sound pathetic
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

QUOTEDFORBULL****

when a star comes back, everyone on the line benefits
                                Ever heard of the phrase "puck hog"?

It's not as simple as you make it sound.

I don't think you understand hockey as much as you think you do.

One of the reasons Ovechkin is doing so well is there's no one else of near the same calibre on the team. You think he'd score as many goals if his winger was an all-star scorer?

Some types of players improve the line they're with (playmakers), others are scorers that are more likely to shoot the puck than pass it.

Elias isn't a playmaker, he's not going to be a major benefit to the rest of his line. He's going to replace Gionta for the most part, and Gionta's goal count will go down.

Comment

Working...
                                X