Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leafs fans are treated like mentally retarded children, not terrorists. They are no threat, and hugely pathetic.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
      He is said to be a Leafs fan, so history is all he'd be interested in.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
        They are no threat, and hugely pathetic.
        Well, that's an apt description of Harper.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

• The Election Prediction Project has set its final projection:

Code:
          Liberal          104
          Conservative     122
          NDP               29
          Bloc Quebecois    56
          Other              1
          The other is former radio-show host Andre Arthur in Portneuf-Jacques-Cartier.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• I'll adjust down to 165 Tories and up to 53 Liberals.

BQ 60
            Liberal 43
            NDP 40
            Conservative 165

Martin has done everything a wicked witch could do in the last week, but I am going to bank on the tired government effect (his supporters tell people on the phone, but don't go vote).

It all depends on the success of his Harper as anti-Christ campaign.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
              He hides it. He's pretty good at it.
              Well, he's gotten an awful lot of practice at that type of thing.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Final predictions:

Cons 135-145
                Libs 80-90
                BQ 55-60
                NDP 25-30
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• ...though in my heart of hearts I want the Liberals to pull off some miracle minority squeaker, just to watch NYE's head explode.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• One hopes that the Liberals really **** it up, giving a majority to the Tories, just to watch the aftermath of the Liberals' self destruction...
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      ...though in my heart of hearts I want the Liberals to pull off some miracle minority squeaker, just to watch NYE's head explode.
                      Sign me up for that gloating thread.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• ELECTION DAY !!!!!

I can't wait to see the results.
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
                          When will the Conservatives learn that their policies are at odds with what the majority of Canadians want.
                          You keep saying this like it means something!!

No one party has had a majority of the vote in a very long time.

When will the Liberals learn that their policies are at odds with what the majority of Canadians want?

When will the NDP learn that their policies are at odds with what the majority of Canadians want?

Particularly the NDP. They've existed for 4 decades yet are still a fringe party. Despite this Layton continues to spout your mantra from above. What does that say about your policies Jack when the party at odds with Canadians trounces you yet again?
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil

You keep saying this like it means something!!

No one party has had a majority of the vote in a very long time.

When will the Liberals learn that their policies are at odds with what the majority of Canadians want?

When will the NDP learn that their policies are at odds with what the majority of Canadians want?

Particularly the NDP. They've existed for 4 decades yet are still a fringe party. Despite this Layton continues to spout your mantra from above. What does that say about your policies Jack when the party at odds with Canadians trounces you yet again?
                            Good stuff !!
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Oh and am I the only one that thinks that perhaps 20 at-large seats elected by proportional representation, would not be a bad idea. I'm just thinking of parties like the Greens. If they can get 4-5% of the vote, does not their ideas deserve some representation??

If you used a formula that tried to correct a little for under-representation, the result would usually be some seats for the Greens and NDP--

But since the two largest parties have traditionally benefitted from the first past the post system, I don't see anyone pushing this very soon
                              Last edited by Flubber; January 23, 2006, 12:01.

Comment

• Why I will vote conservative today

It will come as no surprise to anyone that has read my posts that I will be voting conservative today. This was not a forgone conclusion as I have voted for each of the three major parties in various elections over the years. I am NOT a party line voter.

My reasons are very simple

1. The corruption revealed inside this Liberal regime is staggering and one only wonders how much more there is to find. Add that to a Liberal campaign that has stumbled from the outset. Revoke the notwithstanding clause . . . What was Martin thinking?? The last gasp for me was the "abortion" attack ads the Liberals ran . . . It looked pathetic as the Liberal attacked Harper on an issue he DOES NOT INTEND TO RAISE !!! The worst that they could say was that Harper will not block a free vote on the issue-- well of course not-- his roots are in the idea of more free votes and less party line discipline.

Martin has disappointed me. I had a lot of respect for him as finance minister-- But now he just doesn't seem to have it. His policies and priorities seem to lurch all over the place-- It seems he will say or do anything to get a vote

All in call I cannot vote for the Liberals

2. The NDP-- Although I am to the right of them economically, I like a lot of their social policy. I have always seen the NDP as "good to have around". While I don't really want to see them govern nationally, I see value in them having a strong voice in the House. It may be naive but I usually think of NDP candidates as more ideologically driven since they "know " they are unlikely to ever have power.

So I could vote NDP

3. The Conservatives-- Some of their policies which gave money to people rather than programs resonated with me. I also believe them when they say they will finally give the military the funding it needs. On economics I am with them on many issues. My problem with them is social policy. I do not agree with Harper on gay marriage, or abortion and I probably don't agree with him on sex clubs-- Fine.

But I see no reason to "fear" him on these issues. Any conservative minority or majority will by necessity have a number of moderate Ontario and Atlantic MPs. These folks were PCs before and have not changed their stance. Since Harper will not do a party line vote on these issues, I'm looking at a situation where nothing will change on these issues.

Lastly, Harper has impressed me on the campaign trail. Maybe it was simply accepting good advice but his campaign has done well with no significant mis-steps. he has positioned his party more to the centre and whatever his presonal views, I suspect that is where the party will stay

So I could vote Conservative

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Between the two options that are feasible to me, I choose the Conservatives. I am hoping for a new government and wish them to get as much support as possible. I will say that in ridings that the NDP are possible winners, I wish them well.

I do NOT wish the demise of thje Liberal party. But to me, they have a lot of work to do. Perhaps a new leader and a clean slate would be in order. It might be nice to see a leader that doesn't seem to hop on every bandwagon in the quest for votes

Then we could have another interesting election next time, when it could be the "seen to be not scary" Conservatives against the clean slate Liberals

Whomever you want to vote for-- VOTE

Comment

Working...
                                X