Alec Waugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alec Waugh

I'm taking a history course that has assigned a whole slew of authors and on a bit of a lark since Hemingway and Eliot were taken I decided to do Alec Waugh.

I'm sure there are a few polytubbies here who would know something about him, I haven't found much at all, and even less on some of his books. My prof is a real collector of esoteric books, and has come up with some rather obscure folks on his list.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

wikipedia compares him to Sumerset Maughum, whom I liked. Never read Alec Waugh, but now I might.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I'd never heard of him either, and this sad excuse for a library here hasn't either. Guess I'll have to go to my prof now and ask him where I can scare up a copy of his books.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Just don't choose C.P. Snow. For the love of God, save yourself.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Who's he?

Comment

Dos Passos.

Comment

There's one of the other folks on my list. Guess the duke knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Working...
              X