No announcement yet.

I think it's about time to move out of home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved out at 18. Hopefully will never go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka

Which are you??
      I'm me.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Was out at 17 and never been back.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I'm me.
          No, I'm him.

Comment

I think moving out needs to be done at a certain time

now I am thinking about moving away from my frenids also..

it is nice to live with people that do things (Although they mostly just play video games or go to bars to drink)

it is funny to me that you have a problem with your families mess/sense of style

I Guess there are certain levels I would have a problem with, but then I look at the pigpen I currently call my home and realise that I can put up with a lot.. (And more then my mom can)

anyways, yes, moving out is a good idea I think

how much longer until you graduate?

end of college is a good time to move out (or beginning...)

JM
            (move to dorms during the year, then during the summer do internships or the like)
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Out at 18...
              ...back at 27!?!?!? Yeah, but they were gone on a 9 month trip and I was "house sitting" (and rented out my house making $$$$$ in the process). Moved out once they returned.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Do you have a job? Or are you going to choose another path?
                What?

Comment

No Zylka I haven't, but the reason is merely that our state supports stuff like this rather than rich parents.

Comment

Out at 18, now back again at 24. Not where I figured to be at this point in my life. Finishing up school, and trying to move out in January. I figured living with my folks would work temporarily while I finished up my school, but that hasn't been the case.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      No Zylka I haven't, but the reason is merely that our state supports stuff like this rather than rich parents.
                      See this kind of state support makes more sense in the European post secondary system, as they apparently uphold much higher a standard for who gets to go to (and stay in) college.

University and College in North America (especially Canada), is a joke. In the Canadian system, a halfway level of state support ensures that pretty much any irresponsible bozo, brains or not, can attend a year or two of school half on the government's buck.

With the level of mediocrity and meat grinding that is encouraged in your average Canadian University... if the gov't were to offer full support to students, while accepting the same capability from graduates. Man, would this country be further in a financial ****storm

Comment

Be clever, get funded privately

Comment

Too irresponsible, buddy

And I'm sure I would if I had a little bit more respect for the [school] currently attending, but at this point it's more about just getting the piece of paper and moving on, you know

When are you done your degree, echty?

Comment

I moved out in June 2004 an moved back in in September. It doesn't make much sense for me to get a place of my own for the year I'm back to finnish school, given the proximity of our house.

Had no issues living on my own for the 16 months, it's ridiculously easy if you've got a job lined up...
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Zylka, not entirely sure. I'm progressing well as far as pieces of paper are concerned, but I can't say if I still will during the second half of the sdtudies. If so, I should be done by 2008. Though at that time I'll just have some old-fashioned master's degree (Magister) that doesn't really help me find a job, so I might additionally get some Master in International Relations just to be cool. Up to that point I will have to get some money on my own anyway, the state only pays for a maximum of 4 years.

Comment

Zylka is a mama's boy still living at home.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X