No announcement yet.

Whose at fault for the MidEast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I wonder why this animosity and hatred for the Arabs (and their 'culture') has never been directed (except by the Brits, I guess) against the Irish... or at least the Northern Irish. Sure a lot of progress has been made in the last 5-10 years, but before that you couldn't say it was a peaceful situation. Hell, it's even rocky now. By contrast, the Isreal-Palestine dispute is relatively young at a bit over 50 years.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That's because England raped Ireland.

We have no reason to hate Ireland or Irish.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

A perfect example of another sad, sad situation.
        And do you want to guess at what they also bare in common other than the religious differences of both sides?
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

also I believe the protestants vs catholics has been bloody, and that thing has lasted for a LONG time, only now is it cooling down a bit.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
            Would you care to actually formulate an objection to my statement?

Or is it that we simply can't criticize the Arabs for anything in our precious little PC world?
            We can criticize the arabs for much. Including the situation in the ME. Which I have done on a number of occasions. Try again...
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I blame the Chinese for inventing gunpowder. Guns kill people, people don't.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Ok, ok, ok... I admit it. It was me.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I blame the Byzantine Empire for having failed to keep the muslims at bay.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I blame Pekka.

Supercitizen indeed

:P

Comment

Working...
                    X