Whose at fault for the MidEast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose at fault for the MidEast

Please look at poll. Try to just pick major problems.

JM
    Bush (short, easy answer)
    4.88%
    Problems? What problems..
    0.00%
    Europe/The West (been screwing over MidEast for a long time)
    21.95%
    Israel (Existing/behavior towards the West Bank/Gaza)
    9.76%
    Corporations (It is all about the Oil)
    2.44%
    American Imperalism (It is all about American power)
    0.00%
    America (It's culture/it's materialism/etc)
    0.00%
    Fundamentalist Christians (Trying to bring about the apocalypse)
    2.44%
    Fundamentalist Muslims (They attacked us..)
    7.32%
    Muslims (Backwards religion?)
    12.20%
    Religion (It's at fault, should just be done away with)
    19.51%
    Arabs (their culture is messed up..)
    17.07%
    China (? please supply your theory/burb ?)
    0.00%
    Other (please post)
    2.44%
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Re: Whose at fault for the MidEast

Originally posted by Jon Miller
    Please look at poll. Try to just pick major problems.

JM
    Overall??

Tough to pick -- The Mid-east has been screwed up from before the US was the dominant power so I think its tough to blame them. ( I can blame them for the current situation in Iraq but I hope they anticipated the current situation since it was pretty predictable.

Western Imperialism and the arbitrary nation-state lines drawn by the British are a factor -- with influences from Arab leadersm jockeying for personal power. . . But tribalism and culture are a big factor as well. I don't know if changing the religion would have made a big difference in a land where it sometimes seems that serfdom still exists.

You can also blame the palestinian leaders for fostering an environment where the population fled out of Israel and all the other nations for failing to accept these people and integrate them, preferring instead to maintain the camps with anger and hatred toward Israel.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

In short, nearly all of the above.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

-Arrian

Possibly but I don't much blame corporations. Most of Mid-east development now is run by the Arab country's own petroleum companies and petroleum development provides money that could lift most of their people out of poverty.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Mainly the Arabs.

If they'd just leave Israel alone, things would look a lot brighter for everyone.

Comment

/me sheepishly raises his hand
            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
              Mainly the Arabs.

If they'd just leave Israel alone, things would look a lot brighter for everyone.
              Yup its tough to get anywhere when most Arab nations still have a starting point that denies Israel the right to exist.

Err HELLLLLOOOOO-- Israel is not going anywhere and they have repeatedly shown a willingness to fight to maintain themselves. denying thios reality might be good local politics but its lousy foreign policy

Comment

I blame Eurasia and Africa.

Comment

For the current situation in the Middle East, overall? The fault lies within Islam, the perverse religion of superstition, regression and legitimised inequality.

Comment

It's the joos!
                    I mean, they started it all, like 6000 years ago or something.

(So the answer is religion)
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

-Arrian

If there was only one cause to the ME problem, we would have fixed it by now.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Israel... or, I guess, rather Europe's putting the Jewish state there.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

humanity (is at fault)
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't think Fundamentalist Muslim or Christian is correct.
                            If a choice were RADICAL Muslim, I'd cast a vote.
                            Not like a new situation, and it's not Israel. They take turns kicking each other's ass.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Clearly, it's the Rosbifs' fault
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X