No announcement yet.

Canadian dollar red-hot against the US greenback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the other hand, Washington did take the Expos and end the long agony. And KH lives in a suburb IIRC.

Yeah, that place sure is crap...
    What?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      They're drug dealers or masochists or politicians -- either way, you lose.
      Yes, even a stuck clock like yourself is correct twice a day. No doubt this is true.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
        And KH lives in a suburb IIRC.
        KH lives in Baltimore. While close to Washington, some people commute from Baltimore to Washington every day, and Washington is the much larger city, I wouldn't call Baltimore a suburb of Washington.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

People who move to Ottawa are masochists
          Guess where I'm moving this week - St. John's.

You may be right on this one.

Comment

See: even He can't bring himself to live in Washington. And God knows he has low standards: he's living in Baltimore.

(responding to Dan here)
            What?

Comment

Nothing proves my point more than that. When people leave Ottawa for St. John's, you know it's gotta be bad.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

**** Jimmy! St-John's?!? You know something that i don't?
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                  **** Jimmy! St-John's?!? You know something that i don't?
                  Probably that St. John's can be a fun place to live if you can get past the weather and the tax rates
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                    Probably that St. John's can be a fun place to live if you can get past the weather and the tax rates
                    "Fun" in St. John's:

YEEEEEE-HAWWWW
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• How is that different from fun in Calgary?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Calgary's snow is golden.

(yes: i am stalking you...)
                        What?

Comment

• Here is how they have fun in Calgary:

Streaker could face charges after dignity stripped in Calgary

CALGARY (CP) - It wasn't pretty when a streaker fell flat during his moment of glory at a Calgary Flames NHL game Thursday.

With five minutes left in the game between the Flames and the Boston Bruins, the unidentified man, wearing nothing but a pair of red socks, climbed over the glass next to the penalty box.

But his landing was less than perfect. He wound up hitting his head and falling flat on his back in full view of fans.

Five years ago, a British visitor pulled a similar stunt at a Flames game but did so successfully.He took a lap around the ice before being arrested and later paid a fine.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS Washington is the much larger city
                            No it isn't.

More people live in Baltimore proper than in DC proper
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                              How is that different from fun in Calgary?
                              The average annual snowfall in Calgary is 1.5 m
                              The average annual snowfall in St John's is 3.2 m
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• In Montreal (and probably Ottawa too) it's 2.4m

EDIT: Ottawa gets 2.2 m annually
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei