Originally posted by Provost Harrison
I could post a picture of some woman with fantastic tits, and I'd still be ignored
I could post a picture of some woman with fantastic tits, and I'd still be ignored
. This is your evidence? It wouldn't stand up to the logical prowess of a kindergarten lynchmob! Prophecy... I would take Plato's Republic and the works of Homer as having more historical credibility than the bible due to their having been written in a shorter space of time, and subject to less of the stresses of lingual (and political) translation.
. It is my response to Pascal's bet that I would rather live by the rigours of my own intellect than in fear of a fairy tale with no evidence. That denegrates the value of my own existence and undermines any goodness that I might perform in my life.
. This is your evidence? It wouldn't stand up to the logical prowess of a kindergarten lynchmob! Prophecy... I would take Plato's Republic and the works of Homer as having more historical credibility than the bible due to their having been written in a shorter space of time, and subject to less of the stresses of lingual (and political) translation.
. It is my response to Pascal's bet that I would rather live by the rigours of my own intellect than in fear of a fairy tale with no evidence. That denegrates the value of my own existence and undermines any goodness that I might perform in my life.
Threatening people with "This is what will happen to you on Judgement day" is a pretty weak thing to say in a debate! And you know what, if you're right then maybe some day, after the fourth horseman my heart will soften and my intellect wither, and I shall bend my knee to a a concept of questionable moral virtue and harmful consequence.
Comment