• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, since the last winner ain't doing much, here is the next:
    Attached Files
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by CerberusIV
      How about this one?
      British Chieftain.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

as I said, Kirov tank variants
        KV = Klim Voroshilov, not Sergei Kirov. It's two different persons God damn it

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
          here she be
          I looked that Vicker's tank up before I saw you had already named it.
          Last edited by Dinner; December 4, 2005, 23:30.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion

Ah, that explains why the 76mm barrel looks so small. The bloody tank is HUGE
            Not as huge as Mouse (only 45 tonns), on the other hand, both variants have been build and their design rejected already in 1941.

Comment

• Can any of you name this one?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

There was an American designer who invented several prototype tanks with a then revolutionary suspenion system in the 1930's. He tried to get the US & UK governments to buy some of his tanks but due to the depression those governments had slashed military spending and didn't buy any. The Germans bought a few to study but decided to go with their own suspenion design (which was marginally better though more complicated and difficult to manufacture) while Stalin just loved these tanks. He bought several dozen of them and had Soviet engineers reverse engineer the suspenion system and soon nearly all Soviet built tanks were using the same basic suspenion system. The same basic design with a few modifications was used through the 1970's.
                You are talikng about Christie . It's a well-known fact that his suspension has been used in Soviet designs. I was asking for more stuff like that.
                Last edited by Serb; December 5, 2005, 02:37.

Comment

Can any of you name this one?
                  Looks like Japanese Ke-Ni also known as 98A.

Comment

• "that was an important point in history for civ players everywhere"

Unfortunately, I feel this was a 'point' that was lost on the crew at the time...although it would be ironic if any of their descendants grew to be Civ players laughing at how unrealistic it was for phalanx to defeat tanks...
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb
                      You are talikng about Christie . It's a well-known fact that his suspension has been used in Soviet designs since T-26. I was asking for more stuff like that.
                      I'm not an expert at the history of tanks though I recall hearing that the Soviets were pretty good at reverse engineering captured German designs and adapting their ideas into use in Soviet tanks. Countries at war tend to do that with each other's equipment. In fact most of the early spread of tanks in WW1 was do to this type of activity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb

Looks like Japanese Ke-Ni also known as 98A.
                        Got it.

Comment

I'm not an expert at the history of tanks though I recall hearing that the Soviets were pretty good at reverse engineering captured German designs and adapting their ideas into use in Soviet tanks.
                          I heard exactly the same about Germans.

Comment

• This one should be a little more obscure. Officially it isn't a tank and instead is a tank destroyer.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Got it.
                              So, it's my turn now. How do you like this monster?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• :gossip:
                                It's Mouse-II captured by Russians in 1945.

Comment

Working...
                                X