NHL Fantasy League - Game On - Episode IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava
    Yes... because he lost... in overtime (shootout)...

WHAT ABOUT THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!?!?!?
    Here's what I don't understand:
    He played the entire game and his sv% is 100% and GAA 0.00. This is the definition of a shutout, last time I checked.

Further, stats against goalies and players do not count in shootouts -- goalie sv%, GAA are untouched, players sh%, GWG and goals are untouched -- why is the SHO stat different?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• because he did give up a goal... in the shootout... and he lost 1-0...

that is why it is not a shutout

you see there are NEW RULES THIS YEAR

(I did that last part for you joncha )
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• TSN is giving Kipper a shutout (his 4th this season, making him #1 in shutouts so far): http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...ame=nhl-flames

NHL also gave Kipper an official shutout:
        The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

So you can shove it, Sava.

BTW, Sauve is in net tonight instead of Kipper vs New Jersey.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
          I love it when he goes all-caps on us.
          Huh...that's about when I tune him out.

And for the record, no, I would not be upset on the other end - I think both of them should get shutouts, according to the league position in the summer.

Here's why I'm perturbed - iirc, the league said shootout stats wouldn't be tracked and goalies wouldn't get losses from them. (To me, if you don't count the shootout stats/loss for the goalie and he let no other goals in - that's a shutout.)

Personally, I would prefer a straight loss-is-a-loss, and a win-is-a-win system. Anyways, because of this nonsense, stat systems everywhere are still wrestling with things like shootout losses and game-winning goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
            because he did give up a goal... in the shootout... and he lost 1-0...
            Shootouts do not affect statistics.

Sorry, Sava, you're wrong.

And now that NHL has updated its official stats, they have awarded Kipper a shutout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
              TSN is giving Kipper a shutout (his 4th this season, making him #1 in shutouts so far): http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...ame=nhl-flames

NHL also gave Kipper an official shutout:
              The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

So you can shove it, Sava.

BTW, Sauve is in net tonight instead of Kipper vs New Jersey.

Comment

• Yes, but just because something is A) right and B) official doesn't mean that Yahoo is going to do it.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
                  Yes, but just because something is A) right and B) official doesn't mean that Yahoo is going to do it.
                  Yes they will, but it may take awhile.

Comment

• They've even corrected statistics weeks after the fact, which can impact previous week's wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                      They've even corrected statistics weeks after the fact, which can impact previous week's wins.
                      Hmmm.....now that you mention that, I wonder if it happened to me. I know they screwed up my stats a couple of times, and I could have sworn last week I was tied with KH. But when I looked again near the end of the week, I was up a couple of points on him.
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

• Yep, just looked back at the old thread where Asher posted the standings as of November 28. KH and I had 59 points each, but then later I got bumped up to 61.

I guess Yahoo does get their act together eventually.

Comment

• Dec 7 Lemieux was hospitalized Wednesday with an irregular heartbeat and will miss the Penguins' game with the Minnesota Wild on Thursday night. The Penguins' owner-player will be held overnight for observation. Lemieux reported having an irregular heartbeat after Wednesday's practice.
                          Bad news for hockey, bad news for Joncha.

Comment

• I really hope Mario backs out of the Olympics like Yzerman did. It would be a crime if Spezza wasn't on the team.

Comment

• For some reason Gretsky is at the Cgy/NJ game and watching. Is he scoping out players for the final Team Canada list?

And it's in HD!

Comment

• He prolly didn't have time for Disneyland, but wanted to take the kids to see Mickey Mouse.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X