Do you see china as "the enemy"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you see china as "the enemy"?

A relativley simple question.... also if you feel like it, toss in your nationality.

Do you feel threatened by china and if it is not an imminent enemy at the moment, feel that it will be very soon?

The slant eyed devils are trying to take over the world one t-shirt at a time.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This has nothing to do with race. Is it so unrealistic?

China wants the same rescources America and "the west" are compeating for.

Every country's officials throughout history has for the most part said "We will do X because it is in the best interest of our country".

Is anyone really so stupid as to think the Chinese wont completley(as opposed to currently, partly) screw us for their own benifit, given the chance?

Comment

I see a bigger problem. They are headed for a population crisis.

Their economy will start to slow

For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Vesayen, you seem unclear on the difference between "enemy" and "competitor".
          Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

no mindseye, he is simply asking if you see china as an enemy.

Everyone is a competitor.

I don't see China as an enemy, of course not, an enemy might be North Korea.
            On the government side, they are just as bad (actually probably scarier) as the Americans, on the people side, they are far better people than the Americans.

Enemy or not, nothing to worry about really.
            be free

Comment

Potential enemy? Perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo

But most industrial countries are headed for a major population crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo

So?
                  1st world countries (especially W. Europe and Japan) will have worse problems WRT aging population.
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Well, Fez is American, isn't he? America's demographic outlook is much cheerier.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

What's the alternative to a surplus of old people? Eternal population growth?

Comment

So? Many Industrialized populations have issues with aging. But they have the damn social structure to deal with them (and the technology - for example less workers are needed for factory jobs). No, I'm spanish, though I do live in the US. Spain is perhaps one of the better off as far as population growth is concerned (in Europe.. with Italy having the most trouble).

I'm stunned at the lack of foresight by the posters here. You guys all think in the short-term. Well remind yourself that when China's economy starts to decline which is going to be in 10-15 years when productivity goes in the crapper.

Let me put it for the simple minds: China is not a developed country. It does not have the social structure, nor does it have good productivity in its workers. If a lot of its workforce have an inability to participate, they will have a great array of problems. They rely on man-power to get done a lot of tasks, like with factories. Simply put, a 40 year old is more able to do the job, then a 70 year old.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Their economy won't decline, it will simply slow down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                            Their economy won't decline, it will simply slow down.
                            Yep, and then head down the way of decline. They won't have the manpower advantage. Their productivity will decline. Their economy will go with it. Their banking sector is very fragile at best.

I predict mass capital flight first.

Well, I have to go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by mindseye
                              Vesayen, you seem unclear on the difference between "enemy" and "competitor".
                              I suspect that what he's unclear on could fill several books.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X