Canadian government to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And there would be no sex scandals.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• We must dissent
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
        And there would be no sex scandals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Wow -- so the Liberals could flip a BILLION to their cronies through another adscam and you would still vote for them as long as the books stayed balanced ??

Incredible!! The Alberta electorate would never vote for anyone else if people thought that way

oh thats right, they don't

Seriously though, the economy shows no sign of cooling off, so are we supposed to vote for incumbents for existing govrnments for the next ten years
          First, I have never voted Liberal.

Second, I said it depended on the alternative. I'd like to see the Liberals shape up, but I'll take what we have now over massive deficits and rampant social conservatism.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garth Vader

First, I have never voted Liberal.

Second, I said it depended on the alternative. I'd like to see the Liberals shape up, but I'll take what we have now over massive deficits and rampant social conservatism.
            First . . I have voted Liberal and Conservative and NDP

Second I agree that it depends on the alternatives. What I don't get is how you can paint the current conservatives with both

1.massive deficits-- a symptom of the Mulrooney years
            2.rampant social conservatism -- absolutely not a Mulroney holdover

either you think they are the Mulrooney Conservatives or you don't ( and given that 12 years have passed and that none of the people are the same )

I'm at a stage where I am willing to give the Conservatives a shot. I would prefer an honest idealogue with whom I often disagree than a corrupt bunch that sway with the whims of public opinion (note the conservatives may turn out to be just as bad but I believe in giving folks a chance.) Its the same reason I have a lot of respect for many NDPers . . . at least they believe in SOMETHING!!

My opinion is less of a show of support for the conservatives than it is a feeling of disgust with the Liberals.

I also don't think that the Conservatives would be as "conservative" as some of their members would like. Any chance to govern (minority say) would mean that the Conservatives would likely need 50 seats in Ontario. Since I really don't see party discipline being what it used to be ( and coming from a party that has its roots in free votes) I really don't see much in the way of a very socially conservative agenda getting implemented.

The conservatives will only become more palatable however when they are seen as being a party of the center-right. I see the chances of the rightist social agenda being implemented being somewhere between slim and none and never understood why the party doesn't backburner these issues
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• ^^

Tingkai keeps asserting as more easterners move to Alberta they vote left, but here we go with a Newfie voting right now.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• We kidnap them and change their brains.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

^^

Tingkai keeps asserting as more easterners move to Alberta they vote left, but here we go with a Newfie voting right now.
                  I voted Conservative back in Newfoundland as well. Don't count on anything yet though Asher . . . While I am leaning heavily toward the conservatives, I do like to hear what they have to say during the campaign.

That said I can't envision anything that could make me vote Liberal. I could vote NDP I guess. LIke I said, I'm in a Calgary district and it went like 60% Conservative LAST time, so I'm not seeing that my individual vote will make any practical difference
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                    We kidnap them and change their brains.
                    Actually it probably has more to do with the fact that the folks that travel thousands of miles to seek opportunity generally have a greater sense of personal responsibility for their economic situation than those that do not undertake such a big risk/expense.

Then in affluent situations where there is work and more besides for everyone, it seems less crucial to be worried about unemployment.

Heck, . . . retail, fast food , construction, oilsands-- there is more work in Alberta than people to do it. With the recent oilsands announcements ( around 30 billion in new investment), they are actually talking about NEEDING to import labour from other countries

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Thats quite an assertion. I don't doubt that there are some rascist Conservatives but don't you think your comment is a bit much.
                      Happens from both extremes. People that far out on the fringes often see the centre as the enemy, and people from the other extreme as evil. They also tend to see people from the centre as being on the 'other side'.

When combined with ignorance on the topic it can be quite amusing. It's like watching someone with all the personal charm of an absessed sphincter spew from both ends.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I am proudly abstaining from this vote. Not only because last time I voted it was a 3 hour ordeal involving oathes and scrutiny and accusations of double-voting, but because the Liberals are corrupt, the conservatives are too socially conservative, and the NDP are economic morons.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

Happens from both extremes. People that far out on the fringes often see the centre as the enemy, and people from the other extreme as evil. They also tend to see people from the centre as being on the 'other side'.

When combined with ignorance on the topic it can be quite amusing. It's like watching someone with all the personal charm of an absessed sphincter spew from both ends.
                          Hey, I'm an extremist and I'm nice to you...

I think it has more to do with temperament than politics.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I am proudly abstaining from this vote. Not only because last time I voted it was a 3 hour ordeal involving oathes and scrutiny and accusations of double-voting, but because the Liberals are corrupt, the conservatives are too socially conservative, and the NDP are economic morons.
                            You show 'em Asher. Drop out and demonstrate your powa!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• He should start his own political party.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Hey, I'm an extremist and I'm nice to you...

I think it has more to do with temperament than politics.
                                I had to put in the 'often' when I thought about some of you.

It would be the combination of temperament and extreme politics, IMO.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X