Girl troubles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl troubles.

Well, more like dating troubles. Here's the situation. This really great girl works for the head hunter agency which helped me find my new job; she's cute, funny, well educated, and smokingly hot (ok, at 5'6" she's a little short but she's got a great body and she's a blond haired, blue eyed cutie). She seems to have a great personality and we're always flirting and making small talk so after she helped me find a great job I told her I wanted I wanted to take her out for a drink in order to thank her for all of her hard work & helping me find a better job. When I said that she just kind of moved on with the conversation so I thought nothing of it though a couple of days later she called me and left a message saying she'd love to go out to lunch with me.

We played phone tag for a while and when we finally connected we made a lunch date for yesterday. Unfortunately, she got caught up at work and we rescheduled for today, however, I was in the middle of a huge project at work and had to cancel on her at the last minute. I'm going to be involved with the field work for this project for the rest of the week so lunch is out of the question though she told me to call her this evening so we could go out for drinks after work. I ended up working until 5:30 (she normally gets off at 5) and so she wasn't there when I called.

What should I do now? I know it looks like I'm not interested in her but I really am, however, I absolutely need to do a stellar job on this project to show my employer what a great employee I am. I should be finishing up the field work on this project Friday so I'm thinking about inviting her out for dinner Friday evening. Any good date ideas? I'm 29 and she's 26 so we're both young professionals and I want it to reflect that. I think I'll need something out of the ordinary if I want to win her over (she said she doesn't normally date clients, i.e. people who use the employment agency she works for, but I seem to have gotten over that first hurdle. Now all I need is something to show her I'm not normally this busy and unavailable. Ideas?
    Last edited by Dinner; November 17, 2005, 02:06.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Are you not normally going to be this busy and unavailable?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The other, minor, issue is that she was recently divorced. I never thought I'd care about such an issue and the truth is it is I'm ashamed about even thinking about that now, however, I don't know any of the details and my friends have told me this is a big red flag. I only know about it because her voice mail has her saying a different last name from the one on her business card. I asked the secretary at her work and she told me me why this was so. Stupid issue but should I heed my friend's advice even though I'm really attracted to this woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
        Are you not normally going to be this busy and unavailable?
        My work seems to be filled with workaholics and I'm trying to fit in since I'm the new guy and I want to make a good impression. Normally, I'm a strict 8-5 guy. I'm not sure that would be compatible with this job though I really need to hunker down and start climbing the corporate ladder. Can two people date even if they have busy schedules which seem to break up their plans?

Comment

Im just pulling this advice out of my ass but here it is :
          you're interested and she seems interested so why not go for it.
          I think she'll understand the cancellation, specially since she did too...
          I don't really have good ideas for young professionals dates though

Comment

Yes you can date and in fact if you each have busy schedules, sometimes that makes you more empathetic towards the other person, since you can understand where they are coming from.

I've seen cases where one of the people works long or irregular hours, and the other doesn't, they date and end up getting married. But then the person that doesn't work the crazy hours starts complaining about it. I don't think that's fair.

But Oerdin you're a stud so if it doesn't work out I know you got like 20 other ladies lined up so no big deal and being in San Diego there are like 1 million more blonde haired blue eyed girls around so don't worry about it.

My rule of starting a new job is to focus on the new job until you've earned your place, then you can start taking liberty with time and committment.

By the way 5'6" isn't that short what kinda WNBA players are you looking for anyway???

I love the yellow ladies but unfortunatley most of them hover around the 5'3" range, what's up with that man well they can put on the high heels it's all good plus maybe the stockings OH WAIT TOO MUCH PERSONAL INFO DONT GET IT TWISTED
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Jesus Christ, I need to organize my time better. I've been getting to work at 7:30 and not getting off until 5:30' todayI didn't get off until almost 6. It seems like once I cook dinner, do some house work, and veg out with TV/internet for a little while I look up and it is already 11. I need to be up at 6 so I can get to work on time.

Comment

Ted, thanks man.

Comment

What should I do now? I know it looks like I'm not interested in her but I really am, however, I absolutely need to do a stellar job on this project to show my employer what a great employee I am. I should be finishing up the field work on this project Friday so I'm thinking about inviting her out for dinner Friday evening. Any good date ideas? I'm 29 and she's 26 so we're both young professionals and I want it to reflect that. I think I'll need something out of the ordinary if I want to win her over (she said she doesn't normally date clients, i.e. people who use the employment agency she works for, but I seem to have gotten over that first hurdle. Now all I need is something to show her I'm not normally this busy and unavailable. Ideas?

Ask her out on Saturday.

Ignore your friends.

Have a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    Jesus Christ, I need to organize my time better. I've been getting to work at 7:30 and not getting off until 5:30' todayI didn't get off until almost 6. It seems like once I cook dinner, do some house work, and veg out with TV/internet for a little while I look up and it is already 11. I need to be up at 6 so I can get to work on time.
                    Welcome to the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                      Yes you can date and in fact if you each have busy schedules, sometimes that makes you more empathetic towards the other person, since you can understand where they are coming from.

I've seen cases where one of the people works long or irregular hours, and the other doesn't, they date and end up getting married. But then the person that doesn't work the crazy hours starts complaining about it. I don't think that's fair.

But Oerdin you're a stud so if it doesn't work out I know you got like 20 other ladies lined up so no big deal and being in San Diego there are like 1 million more blonde haired blue eyed girls around so don't worry about it.

My rule of starting a new job is to focus on the new job until you've earned your place, then you can start taking liberty with time and committment.

By the way 5'6" isn't that short what kinda WNBA players are you looking for anyway???

I love the yellow ladies but unfortunatley most of them hover around the 5'3" range, what's up with that man well they can put on the high heels it's all good plus maybe the stockings OH WAIT TOO MUCH PERSONAL INFO DONT GET IT TWISTED
                      WORD UP
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

WORD.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Stockings:
                          Girls:
                          Girls with stockings:
                          Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Couldn't she get fired for dating clients? Doing that is kinda unprofessional and many corporations have strict rules about it.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Lunch is excellent, dinner perhaps is too, uh, serious.

Saturday is good because if lunch goes well, you can keep going.

Ignore your friends. They don't know anything. They have no evidence.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X