Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've lived in the NY media market. And I've lived in other media markets. NY's is harsh, no matter what the NY Times Sports Editor tells you. Just listen to NY sports talk radio. It's brutal.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse

I never said he would win two and I was only talking about very recently. But he does want two and could have two pretty easily if not for Reggie Bush. I'm excited about the Texans next year with Bush, as much as I put down the Pac 10 and all.
      Is it even possible to get more than one Heisman? I didn't know that. What players have gotten 2 or more Heismans?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

Is it even possible to get more than one Heisman? I didn't know that. What players have gotten 2 or more Heismans?
        I don't even know. I don't even care right now.

"Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
          Well, duh, of course it is.

There has been one player who has gotten 2 Heisman awards and that was Archie Griffin of Ohio State who won back to back Heisman's in the 70s.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• "I still think we're a better football team, they just made the plays in the end."
            Kinda arrogant on the part of Leinart.
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Kinda arrogant on the part of Leinart.
              Would you think any athelete wouldn't be thinking the same thing? Say Vince Young gets stopped on 4th and 5 at the end of the game. You don't think that he's thinking that they were the better team, but USC made the plays at the end?

Every athelete in a similar situation thinks they are the better team. They may not say it, but you know they think it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Would you think any athelete wouldn't be thinking the same thing? Say Vince Young gets stopped on 4th and 5 at the end of the game. You don't think that he's thinking that they were the better team, but USC made the plays at the end?

Every athelete in a similar situation thinks they are the better team. They may not say it, but you know they think it.
                Bad attitude though. Not really what you'd call class.

Comment

Bad attitude though. Not really what you'd call class.

Because he said what everyone is actually thinking about their own teams?

I mean he didn't come out and say it just to say 'nyah'. He was asked a question and he answered truthfully. And if I recall correctly, Leinhart said "I felt we had the better team, but they just made the plays in the end". I don't remember him saying "we still are better", but, like any other player in a similar situation, he probably thought it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Because he said what everyone is actually thinking about their own teams?

I mean he didn't come out and say it just to say 'nyah'. He was asked a question and he answered truthfully. And if I recall correctly, Leinhart said "I felt we had the better team, but they just made the plays in the end". I don't remember him saying "we still are better", but, like any other player in a similar situation, he probably thought it.
                    Nah, I copied it from ESPN.

It's jus tnot taking responsibility.

Comment

• Sigh, i went and had dinner instead of watching the end of this

Texas
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Congrats to the Horns and their fans!

Oh...and the best way to prove who has the better football team is still on the field I believe. Isn't that why they play?

If not...Then Tennessee had the best team this year...they just couldn't make the plays.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                          I actually feel a little bad for Bush. He's a phenomenal player, but I have a feeling that the speed of NFL defenses, playing for a bad team and the ludicrous expectations people will have for him will make his first few years mighty tough.
                          Yea, the first quarter of tonight's game really brought that home. You can tell that he is really used to being the fastest guy on the field by a good margin. He's going to have to learn how to run better against good team defense and speed.

I hope Young hangs around Texas for another year, he'll get a ton of experience (which he won't as a rookie on a decent NFL team) without getting pounded like he might on a bad NFL team.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Yeah... I know the thread is past 500... but since the season just ended, it seems silly to start a new one at this point. So we will let this one roll a little longer.

Go LONGHORNS... a great game!
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• great game. Glad Texas won. good think they held onto Mack Brown, eh?

Really enjoyed the bcs games this year but for the missed PSU/FSU kicks and the Quinn Orgy

Comment

It's jus tnot taking responsibility.
                                Do you really think that, say, after the Notre Dame-USC game that anyone from Notre Dame was thinking that USC was the better team? I bet you all of 'em were thinking they were the better team, but USC just made the plays.

It's not about 'taking responsibility' (Leinhart has nothing to be ashamed about after all), it's about how atheletes believe in their own abilities. You want someone who thinks they are the best.

Were you aware that Leinhart and Bush both went to the Texas locker room after the game to congratulate the Longhorns? That's a pretty classy move, even though I know you want to portray them as the University of Miami.
                                Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; January 5, 2006, 09:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X