Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haw Haw... Miami didn't have a 1st down for the last 40 minutes of the game.

Well that ACC conference sure seems a bit overrated.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      I would have said that ASU was also the team that barely lost to Auburn earlier this year. They are a team that plays a shootout brand of football and sometimes that results in blowouts and sometimes it results in a barely-squeezing-out-shootout-win.
      LSU, not Auburn.

Pam Ward and whoever the other guy was doing the Georgia Tech/Utah game are going to look sillier and sillier on their "ACC is hands down the premiere conference in college football" remarks if more teams show like Miami. Well, they would if they had made them where anybody could hear them, instead of during the GT/Utah broadcast (apologies to Tuberski ).
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Well that ACC conference sure seems a bit overrated.
        Which is precisely what I was saying all along.

Nothing would thrill me more than to see the two best conferences in the country, the SEC & Big Ten, win the rest of their bowl games, but since they play each other twice (Iowa/Florida, Wisconsin/Auburn), alas, it cannot be...
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• I'm sick of hearing how "the BCS worked!"

Change the result of either of two last second plays--Michigan's TD against Penn State, or Leinhart's fumble out-of-bounds against Notre Dame--and the BCS is a total cluster****.

In fact, just have the ball stay in-bounds against ND (or go out of bounds in the endzone), and have OSU put together a two-minute drill against Texas like they did against Michigan, and you would have EIGHT one-loss teams (USC, Texas, Penn State, OSU, ND, Oregon, WVU, TCU). If things had swung right in the SEC and ACC, you could add any combination of Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Miami, or Virginia Tech to that list.

Can you imagine the chaos if we ended up with ten or eleven one-loss teams, as we easily could have, without any undefeated teams? This **** has got to go.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• NW just went up 22-0 on UCLA. Cal squeaks by a terrible BYU team, ASU squeaks by a bad Rutgers team, Oregon loses to a mediocre Oklahoma team, and now UCLA is getting pounded by a "slow" Big 10 team. I'm loving this showing by the Pac-10.

Define "pounded"

Comment

• Yeah, you'd think that anyone who knew anything about college football this year would realize UCLA's stategy this season seems to be "fall behind big early" .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yep, we adapted it from the Navy's "Pearl Harbor" Defense developed at the beginning of World War II. "Let's put all our battleships down on the bottom of Pearl Harbor where they'll be safe."

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

Define "pounded"

Well I would say losing by 3 scores would qualify. Clearly UCLA was gonna come back against the worst defense in the NCAA. Doesn't change the fact that the Pac-10, despite their record, has not looked impressive so far.

I also really enjoyed that Miami game last night.

Guynemer you are totally right about the BCS. It has been lucky so far. There will be a disaster sooner or later.

Comment

• As long as USC gets their clocked cleaned, I'll be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi

LSU, not Auburn.

Pam Ward and whoever the other guy was doing the Georgia Tech/Utah game are going to look sillier and sillier on their "ACC is hands down the premiere conference in college football" remarks if more teams show like Miami. Well, they would if they had made them where anybody could hear them, instead of during the GT/Utah broadcast (apologies to Tuberski ).
                      No need to apologize, I didn't see the game either.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Happy new year, y'all!

It's amazing who laid eggs.

We've got some more good games on tap!
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• LETA GO PITT! WANNEDESET OIWEER!!!
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Boy, did Fresno State tank after USC or what?

14-6.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• TCU was pretty crazy. TCU gave up hundreds of yards on penalties and still pulled off a win.
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• UT 34 USC 17

You heard it here first!
                                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X