This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reismark
    So they did away with that wacky points system after all, didn't they? That really sucks for UCLA, because they'd deserve the automatic bid if they can beat the Trojans.
    Hey, they shouldn't have gotten PUMMLED by Arizona . Any team that gets its ass destroyed by Arizona doesn't deserve bubkis .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Hey, they shouldn't have gotten PUMMLED by Arizona . Any team that gets its ass destroyed by Arizona doesn't deserve bubkis .
      QFT
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• 1. USC
        2. Texas
        3. Penn State
        4. Virginia Tech
        5. LSU
        6. Auburn
        7. Notre Dame
        8. Miami
        9. Oregon
        10. Ohio State

Comment

• 1. USC
          2. Texas
          3. Penn State
          4. ND
          5. Ohio State
          6. LSU
          7. Oregon
          8. VaTech
          9. Miami
          10. West Virginia
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• 1. Texas
            2. USC
            3. Penn State
            4. LSU
            5. Virginia Tech
            6. Auburn
            7. Ohio State
            8. Oregon
            9. Miami
            10. West Virginia (bonus points for being the home state of Jesco White)
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Wait... by S. Florida I thought y'all were referencing Miami (which, of course, made no sense as they are in the ACC). But y'all weren't.

This means that one of the "major" conferences was decided by some historically crappy 5-4 team beating another historically crappy 5-4 team, a game featuring one school that has a more famous and successful womens basketball program than its 1-A football program, and another whom, quite frankly, just played their most important and influential game in their career by allowing another team (one who has a quality season, on average, once every 7 years) to win the conference?

Why the hell does the Big East even have a BCS bid? It seems to me, football-wise, that the Big East is no longer even the equal of the WAC.

Comment

• I don't think anyone is going to argue with you, Dan.

So far:

1. USC (5) 68
                2. Texas (2) 65
                3. Penn State 54
                4. LSU 43
                5. Virginia Tech 35
                6. Ohio State 33
                7. Notre Dame 25
                7. Auburn 25
                9. Oregon 20
                10. Miami 11

ARV: West Virginia 4, UCLA 1, Georgia 1.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• After Texas performance against the Aggies, I move USC back into the top spot for this week. The Aggies were able to run way to much against the Horns. Also moving PSU above LSU, after the Hogs were able to play the Tigers so close.

1. USC
                  2. Texas
                  3. Penn State
                  4. LSU
                  5. Virginia Tech
                  6. Notre Dame
                  7. Auburn
                  8. Ohio State
                  9. Oregon
                  10. UCLA

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
                    Why the hell does the Big East even have a BCS bid?
                    Because your highest ranked team has to average 12th or higher in the BCS over a 4 year span. WVU will probably finish 9th or 10th in the BCS.

Oh, and if you are wondering about last year, Trangese was brilliant in that he was able to get Louisville counted as the Big East's highest ranked team to the BCS folks, even though they weren't in the conference last year . (nyeh nyeh)
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Gotta like a man who knows his loopholes that well.

Comment

• Also moving PSU above LSU, after the Hogs were able to play the Tigers so close.
                        The future looks bright for the Hogs. They're in next year's preseason ranking. (At least mine.)
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell

The future looks bright for the Hogs. They're in next year's preseason ranking. (At least mine.)
                          I think so also. The Defense actually looked good the last several games, and with Mustain coming in from Springdale, it will be interesting to see if Nutt (or new coach, if Nutt is shown the exit) will start at QB next year. With McFadden back also, the Offense has to be better next season.

Comment

• 1. Texas
                            2. USC
                            3. Penn State
                            4. LSU
                            5. Virginia Tech
                            6. Oregon
                            7. UCLA
                            8. Ohio State
                            9. Auburn
                            10. Georgia
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I have a feeling that the Big East won't have a bowl bid in 4 years then... what with BU and Louisville being the best teams in their conference now.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

• BU? Did you mean WVU?

And who is to say that Louisville won't return to where they were last year? Or that WVU won't continue their success. Or that USF won't use their successful year as a catapult to greater hights. Or Pitt gets a clue and hires a real coach? Or Rutgers takes the world by storm (ok, maybe not that one , but the rest are possible).

Comment

Working...
                                X