X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah... fine.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

In horse racing, the winner doesn't have to win by 24 lengths.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What if I take Fresno to win?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

What odds would you require?
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

5 to 1... at least. I'm already certain they make the spread.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

What happened to your double overtime prediction?!
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

For that I'd need 30 to 1 odds.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Why, Lou? Why?

NCAA places South Carolina on three years probation
                  ESPN.com news services

The NCAA placed the University of South Carolina on three years probation for infractions involving the football program.

South Carolina admitted to 10 NCAA violations committed under former football coach Lou Holtz in a report released in July. The NCAA added a penalty against the former senior associate AD, whose activities were central to the case.

Five of the violations were classified as major.

The school proposed two years of probation, a reduction from 56 to 50 paid campus visits for football recruits this year and next; and a loss of two football scholarships for the 2006-07 and 2007-08 academic years. The NCAA accepted the school's self-imposed penalties, but added a year of probation.

The July report was prepared jointly by the NCAA enforcement staff and the university and has been forwarded to the NCAA's Committee on Infractions, which can accept, reject or modify the proposed penalties.

The school found violations occurred when prospective student-athletes were given impermissible tutoring sessions and offseason workouts from 1999-2002.

South Carolina was also found to have a lack of institutional control.

"These are serious violations that are not in keeping with the values of the University of South Carolina and our athletics programs," University President Andrew Sorensen said in July. "They certainly cast our university in a light, which no one in the Carolina family condones."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the OSU-Michigan game. Should be a great game.

Comment

Why would that surprise you, Dan? Didn't Lou leave Notre Dame under an extra benefits cloud, too?

I hate Iron Bowl week, by the way. Productivity grinds to a halt. The state media and every sidewalk Bama fan in the state throw out more blissfully ignorant opinions than my stomach can handle. By the end of Monday, I'm just ready to play the damn game and get it done with.
                      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Didn't Lou leave Notre Dame under an extra benefits cloud, too?
                        Don't remember, to be honest.

Comment

Just looked it up, and the infractions from the 1999 Notre Dame case did indeed "begin" under Lou's watch, in 1994. Of course, that's as far back as the NCAA can go since they hold themselves to a five-year statute of limitations, so there's nothing to suggest it wasn't happening before 1994, as well.

Comment

Not that it really matters nationally, but BYU (Franky ), has been tearing it up for the last few weeks offensively. 3 of their 4 losses have been to Top 25 teams. Notre Dame, TCU, and Boston College.*

*Previous Post is mostly for Frankychan

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Do the sanctions against South Carolina include a ban from postseason play? Because if they do, and Georgia finishes the chokejob this weekend against Kentucky (which I doubt they will, but still...), things are gonna look mighty interesting all of a sudden.
                              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

No. Here's a summary from the NCAA database:

Institution: University of South Carolina, Columbia
                                Date: 16-NOV-05

Violation Summary: This case was processed as a summary disposition. Violations of NCAA legislation concerning impermissible tutoring assistance, extra benefits, unethical conduct, failure to monitor and a lack of institutional control.

Penalty Summary: Public reprimand and censure; three year probationary period imposed; the institution will award two fewer total grants-in-aid in the sport of football; a limit of 50 on the number of permissible expense-paid visits; a show cause provision imposed on the former senior associate athletics director for academic support services for a period of four years and submitting of annual compliance reports during the probationary period.

Comment

Working...
                                X