New job!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job!!

Not strictly new, it's my third week. It's a pretty good one actually, I'm a sales coordinator at a small company that sells metal to the aviation and motorsports industry, which is actually more interesting than it sounds. Think I'm doing ok, I just want to take advantage of the training the MD apparently likes to provide, since it seems like a really good place to build a decent career . Pay isn't bad either, especially for someone my age.

Still, it's pretty weird because I miss being in education to some extent, the intellectual challenges that I now have to provide for myself. I know it sounds pretty odd but it was always something I enjoyed at school, now I don't have the external discipline or peers to encourage me. In a way, I kinda wish I had a group of old intellectual men with whom I can discuss the usual things I find myself talking about... mostly because asides from my writing, I'm in a brain drought. Any thoughts on that?
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Jobs
    Blah

Comment

what kind of metal?
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Jobs.

As for intellectual stimulation, why are you wasting your time here?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Good luck on your job. If you are a people person you should do good.

As for the brain drought you can always take some interesting courses from local uni or community centre. I have been thinking of doing the lock smith one. . Next one up would be first aid/CPR.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've been thinking of home study courses but that lacks the human contact I'd need, and I don't have much time in the evenings for a class, though I'd certainly consider it
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
            X