• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava
    case in point

the Bears outgained the Bengals offense earlier this season

I think we all know what happened in that game
    Yeah, it showed the Bengals weren't as good as the final score may have seemed... as we saw in the Pittsburgh game.

Weren't you the one saying that stats have to be judged in context... and now you won't judge final scores in context...
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
      A three point lead with 6 seconds left... NOTHING STUPID!

GO BEARS!

5-0 WITH MY SHIRT BABY!!!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Only two teams scored 20 or more and lost today.
        Only one team scored less than 20 and won .
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yeah, it showed the Bengals weren't as good as the final score may have seemed... as we saw in the Pittsburgh game.

Weren't you the one saying that stats have to be judged in context... and now you won't judge final scores in context...
          no, they were exactly as good as the final score indicated...

they got 5 interceptions off of Orton and took advantage of them by getting points off of a few of them (on the next offensive possessions)...

I had the "pleasure" of watching that game, remember?

it's just that their offense wasn't as good as the score indicated that day

you have a lot to learn about football
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• you have a lot to learn about football

Likewise... to minimize the total yardage stats is absolutely ludicrous. For example, in the Green Bay - Pittsburgh game, Farve was intercepted where the ball hit Driver's hands and bounced straight up. Was it Farve's fault? Of course not, but he gets slammed for it.

Pittsburgh won 20-10, but the game should have been closer and maybe even reversed. The final score counts for the standings and playoffs, but can be misleading. If you don't realize that, you have no clue about football.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• here comes the strawman!

I am not minimizing total yardage... just putting it in the correct context

you should just admit where you are wrong and move on
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava

here comes the strawman!

I am not minimizing total yardage... just putting it in the correct context
                No you aren't. You are completely minimizing it:

[q=Sava]in the end, the only numbers that matter are the score of the game![/q]

The total yardage shows which team was the more successful in moving the ball. When a team outgains the other by almost 200 yards, they didn't "struggle".

You should just admit where you are wrong and move on.

Comment

No you aren't. You are completely minimizing it:
                  if you think this, you are misunderstanding what I am saying then... don't blame me for YOUR misinterpretation of my point
                  The total yardage shows which team was the more successful in moving the ball. When a team outgains the other by almost 200 yards, they didn't "struggle".
                  when they fail to turn those yards into points and fail to score more than 7 points than the other team, yes, they absolutely did struggle
                  You should just admit where you are wrong and move on.
                  when I am wrong, I will let you know
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I'm just going to chalk this up as:

[q=Sava]you really need to ask yourself if I really believe the stuff I type or if I am just trying to get a rise out of you[/q]

... the latter would explain a lot here (especially the Clintonesque re-definition of the word "only" )

Comment

I'm just going to chalk this up as:

[q=Sava]you really need to ask yourself if I really believe the stuff I type or if I am just trying to get a rise out of you[/q]

... the latter would explain a lot here (especially the Clintonesque re-definition of the word "only" )
                      well, post 139 is serious...

my point about Atlanta being overrated was trolling

but this stuff (post 139 on) is totally legitimate (I PROMISE)

I did not watch the Atlanta game Imran, so you have to keep this in mind... I am just looking at the numbers. But based upon what I have seen, it does look like they struggled. They put up big yardage totals, but could not get points on the board. And they had turnovers. And the final score reflects these struggles.

How can you argue against this?

Seriously... look at this objectively. Put your Falcon fanboyishness aside for a moment.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Damn Roby, and then Parker got hurt. C'mon Reggie! I need a big game from you, Bud

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
                          Damn Roby, and then Parker got hurt. C'mon Reggie! I need a big game from you, Bud
                          I had TO suspended... D. Davis not play... and then Jones gets hurt early in the game... COME ON Westbrook!
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• 5 down, 2 to go Imran and only 8 games to do it in. I should start thinking what your sig is gunna say...
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• "Michael Vick is the most overrated QB in the history of the NFL"
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Imran, the reason Sava's at least partly right, in the case of the Cincy game, is that teams who get a lot of turnovers actually end up with much lower total yardage.

Just imagine Cincy vs the Bears, if the Bears punted each time instead of throwing a pick or whatever. Cincy would have had ~40x5 more yards to gain - 200 more yards... and on top of that, the big lead they had meant they didn't have to push very hard for yardage, they could be slow and run the ball to manage the clock; while the Bears had to push hard and try to gain big chunks of yardage, inflating their yardage stat.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X