No announcement yet.

Rape victim: 'Morning after' pill denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problem - then the drug store just have to employ persons of matching religious beliefs matching the customers.
    Then the pharmacy would most likey be discriminating, can't do that in employment either.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Notice the OP?
      Haven't you noticed that the OP has become an obsolete argument because the discussion have moved ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos

Then the pharmacy would most likey be discriminating, can't do that in employment either.
        How would it be discriminating if every drugstore was obliged to employ sufficient pharmacists of all known religions ? If there are more customers of one specific religion, then there of course will be more pharmacists of that one.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• How would it be discriminating if every drugstore was obliged to employ sufficient pharmacists of all known religions ? If there are more customers of one specific religion, then there of course will be more pharmacists of that one.
          Well because we live in reality for one. But yes, a pharmacy could if they wanted to, but more importantly they don't have too if they don't want too. Hell, they could not have a pharmacist at all, and just let all the drugs rot on the shelves.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Well because we live in reality for one. But yes, a pharmacy could if they wanted to, but more importantly they don't have too if they don't want too. Hell, they could not have a pharmacist at all, and just let all the drugs rot on the shelves.
            Well, the real world seems to be that you think it's fine that customers is denied legal drugs on the whim of the pharmacist - even if it's in stock.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• No, I think it is legal and their constitutional right.

You know what I did when the first hostpital denied my gf and me a pill? We drove our happy asses a hour down the road and got one at another hostpital. And I was happy to do so.

Comment

No, I think it is legal and their constitutional right.

You know what I did when the first hostpital denied my gf and me a pill? We drove our happy asses a hour down the road and got one at another hostpital. And I was happy to do so.
                Well, then there are only one thing to say - the constitution has a flaw wich should be corrected as soon as possible.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• 3 pages of this argument and nobody has bothered to mention that this "morning after" pill is also a very common brith control pill.

As far as the particular thread title, a man has no right to tell a raped woman what to do.

Men don't have the right to tell women what to do anyway, you can let your feelings be known, but, ultimately, it's the woman's decision.

Until men can have babies, all they have is an opnion.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Until men can have babies, all they have is an opnion.
                    Untill woman can have babies without any male involvement whatsoever, there opinion is no more valid that mine.

I understand your married and this whipped thing is required, but save if for the Miss.

But out of curiosity does a none raped woman have any right to tell a raped woman what to do?

Does a person with out a murdered family memeber have the right to tell someone with one what to do?

I sure as hell don't expect to hear your opinion on anything you do not personally have experiance with again, hypocrite.

a man has no right to tell a raped woman what to do.
                    Stop hiding behind the OP situation. All you are trying to do is hide behind the emotion of that word and force a response when the consicerations behind the larger debate go much further than the OP. Raped or not, that woman has no right to tell anyone no matter what qualifier you use what to do. Especially to abandon their own morality, protected by law.

Comment

• Zygote = fertilized egg

Implantation = pregnancy
                      But you evaded my question. Embryo = fertilised egg?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Try to discuss that with a rape victim that certainly doesn't want a "souvenir" that may hunt her for the rest of her life.
                        So having an abortion makes the rape go away?

Or for that matter a couple of youngsters using contraceptives (most relevant a condom that breaks) but isn't capable of building a family for the moment.
                        Gee, isn't pregnancy a consequence of having sex? If the kids are not ready for pregnancy, why don't they wait until they are?

BS. Most - if not all - medics has side effects but that doesn 't mean they should be banned. Currently I'm taking a beta blocker which possible side effects are pretty scaring - still they are only possibilties so I don't deny to take them.
                        What are the medical benefits of the beta blockers? Unlike the morning after pill, they have a positive medical effect warranting their potential side effects.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I'll bet you more women have died from giving birth than from taking the morning after pill
                          They've also been giving birth for a lot longer.

Comment

Untill woman can have babies without any male involvement whatsoever, there opinion is no more valid that mine.

I understand your married and this whipped thing is required, but save if for the Miss.

But out of curiosity does a none raped woman have any right to tell a raped woman what to do?

Does a person with out a murdered family memeber have the right to tell someone with one what to do?

I sure as hell don't expect to hear your opinion on anything you do not personally have experiance with again, hypocrite.

Stop hiding behind the OP situation. All you are trying to do is hide behind the emotion of that word and force a response when the consicerations behind the larger debate go much further than the OP. Raped or not, that woman has no right to tell anyone no matter what qualifier you use what to do. Especially to abandon their own morality, protected by law.
                            Pretty funny that you take the troll bait, but leave the important part of my post out.

Would that be because you are stumped?

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Only important to Ben.

Perhaps you should read the thread

Comment

• 3 pages of this argument and nobody has bothered to mention that this "morning after" pill is also a very common brith control pill.
                                Uh, that's why guynemer and I argue over when pregnancy begins. If you believe pregnancy begins at conception, then it isn't a birth control pill but rather an early form of abortion.

Comment

Working...
                                X