Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• well listen to this crap...

I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but in Chicago, the Blackhawks home games are not on TV because Hawks owner Bill Wirtz (EVIL PIECE OF ****... DIE YOU ****ER) believes that home games should not be on TV if they are not sell outs...

yeah... good idea you old stupid piece of ****... great way to gain fan interest...

dumbass...

so now Hawks fans only get to watch half the games... the AWAY GAMES...

but listen to this bull****, tonights game is on some stupid network called "Outdoor Life Network" or something, so most of the people in Chicago won't even be able to see the game because most Chicago cable companies don't carry that stupid channel... only people with premium services and satelite will be able to watch the game...

this is the NHL's doing because they signed some deal with this network...

wtf is Outdoor Life Network anyways? some fishing channel?

**** them

the NHL is stupid... they have this strike, and then they sign this deal with this stupid little network that nobody gets?

GREAT IDEA YOU MORONS!!!

although I'm sure some of you guys here get this channel

but those of us with just basic cable are screwed...

outdoor life network

NHL media/marketing

Bill Wirtz

Red Wings
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Local blackouts (not airing home games) is commonplace, isn't it?

You can't really blame the NHL for signing a deal with the only broadcaster that would give them money - everyone else said "no thanks".

Comment

• Seriously, you guys would be so much better off if you just let the south secede. People in the north would get hockey coverage, and the south could have 16 networks dedicated to NASCAR and tractor pulls 24/7.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by dejon
            Local blackouts (not airing home games) is commonplace, isn't it?

You can't really blame the NHL for signing a deal with the only broadcaster that would give them money - everyone else said "no thanks".
            well, every other Chicago sports team has their home games on TV...

this is a Bill Wirtz policy... not a league blackout policy

and yes I can blame the NHL... because this stupid deal overrules the local deal the Hawks have with Comcast Sportsnet (where the Hawks game would normally be on)

in the NFL and MLB, for instance, when a game is on a cable station, it must be on in the local market...

the NHL screwed up with this deal...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
              Seriously, you guys would be so much better off if you just let the south secede. People in the north would get hockey coverage, and the south could have 16 networks dedicated to NASCAR and tractor pulls 24/7.
              no... the civil war was good for america

in fact, we should have another one and PWN the south again!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I can't imagine what would happen if a Canadiens game was ever blacked out. Riots, probably.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                  well, every other Chicago sports team has their home games on TV...

this is a Bill Wirtz policy... not a league blackout policy

and yes I can blame the NHL... because this stupid deal overrules the local deal the Hawks have with Comcast Sportsnet (where the Hawks game would normally be on)

in the NFL and MLB, for instance, when a game is on a cable station, it must be on in the local market...

the NHL screwed up with this deal...
                  At least in the NHL, I know blackouts occur in other cities. Used to happen in Vancouver for sure, Toronto I haven't noticed because I usually watch another game.

I don't think the NHL is in a position to dictate terms like the NFL or MLB. Besides, if they can't get a basic channel to carry games, how could they make that demand?

Comment

• Wirtz is well known for his fanatical blackout policy, though, dejon.

They might black out the occasional game in other cities (though like I said I can't remember the last time they managed to do that in Montreal), but he blacks out close to 75% of home games.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I haven't seen a Calgary game blacked out for years.

Though our games are consistently sell-outs.

The reason OLN airs NHL games instead of Fox/NBC/ESPN is none of the other networks thought it would be worth the price NHL was asking, but OLN (Comcast) paid it...
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't think that has to do with the NHL. Comcast owns both Comcast Sportsnet and OLN, and it's actually Comcast that bought the rights to NHL national coverage in the US. They put it on whatever channels they wish that they own. They're even broadcasting the game to Comcast subscribers on the internet.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• on the radio today, they said its the NHL who decides this
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Eh, how come you don't know OLN anyways? Where do you get your Tour de France coverage?

Comment

on the radio today, they said its the NHL who decides this
                              I don't see why that would make any sense...

Comcast paid the NHL $200M over 3 years for television rights for the next 3 seasons. Why would the NHL forbid Comcast from airing NHL games on anything but one of Comcast's channels?

The similar licenses made in Canada allow airing on multiple channels (TSN, TSN-HD, CBC, RDS, CBC-HD, etc).

CTV's Sportsnet (which is 5 different channels) managed to snag regional rights in Canada.

Comment

• I'd hate to jinx my favorite team, but does anyone know offhand what the best start in NHL history was?
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X