NHL Fantasy League - Game On - Episode II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calgary's sitting pretty these days.

We have an NHL-level goalie. We find that it helps.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Would that our GM and coach had been so far sighted as to not stick with 'a great one' and then bench him after a few winning games.

How dare he let in a few goals when the average score is 5 to 4!

****ing morons.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Conklin sucked pretty hardcore in the games I watched...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• He won.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• ... and could not suck more than the 3 goals in the last seven minutes we saw tonight.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

• He had an abysmal save percentage...

Comment

• So do a lot of goalies. New rules. Did you get the memo?

How was Kipper after three games?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

• His third game he picked things up IIRC.

Plus he's got an established pedigree with our team and he's not even close to comparable with our backup Sauve.

The Edmonton situation is different, because both of your goalies have never played a real NHL season before and are pretty close in proven ability.

Conklin got the early nod and tanked hardcore.

Markkanen has done decently for you guys, it's not fair to blame him. You need to score to win games, you need defense to win games, and you need goalies to win games...or at least 2/3 of those, and Edmonton hasn't shown much of any of them.

Comment

• Conklin won the opener (4-3) after a decent preseason and then Markennen came back from injury and got the starts. That was totally bewildering.

After that, Ty let in 3 in each of two games as starter (not shabby by today's NHL).

Oh, and Kipper let in 5 out of a 6 goal game in his third start.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• But what about his second start?

Comment

• The coach picked Markennan. Fire the coach!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                          But what about his second start?
                          Kipper let in 11 goals in three games.

Ty let in 8.

You compare.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• And now look at the bigger picture.

It was a toss-up who would be the starter, Conklin or Markkanen in Edmonton's case.

There was no question who the starter would be in Calgary's case.
                            Conklin's played games since then also and has done terribly...

Comment

• Well, I just don't believe it, not one bit...

I'M WINNING 4 - 2! HOLY CRAP!

Thanks to a good night for Kayria and Hunter!
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• New name! Confuse me!

Sava is also down 5-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X