This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and then a swiss guy jumped on a turk in the tunnel
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• actually heres what happened, the turkish guy kicked Valon Behrami on his way on (swiss #34, with the blond long hair) you can see him stumble. then behind him comes #14 Benjamin Huggel (late substitute for Marco Streller, he plays defense) kick the coach. and then he grabs the turk (alpay) by the neck and hauls him down
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• i mean a turkish coach kicked a swiss player. what sort of idiot does that? i used to be for turkish adhesion to europe, but it seems they cant control themselves. even the police.

Comment

• and if you look close, huggel attacked alpay (#14 turk) because he kicked marco streller (#11 swiss) also in the back in the way in

Comment

• the swiss player in the hospital has a perforated urinary canal

Comment

• here the turk Tekke Fatih grabs the swiss Raphael Wicky (midfield) around the neck
              Attached Files

Comment

• it's a shame the swiss didn't give the dirty turks a proper kicking.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Qualifying in their place is more than satisfying.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• WTF? Yeah, like this will do anything:

MANAMA, Nov 17 (Reuters) - Bahrain plan to appeal to FIFA to have their World Cup playoff defeat by Trinidad & Tobago annulled because a late goal was disallowed by Colombian referee Oscar Julian Ruiz Acosta for dangerous play.

'We have appealled to FIFA about cancelling the goal, and we asked them to reconsider that goal,' Sheikh Ali al-Khalifa, the vice-president of the Bahrain Football Association, said on Thursday.

'We stated that there was no danger in the attempt to take the ball. We're not so optimistic about FIFA's response but we did what we think is right in the circumstances.'

FIFA Director of Communications Markus Siegler said the world governing body would wait for the official protest, but added it would only be considered if the Bahrainis had made it immediately to the match referee and delegate.

He added: 'Like with all the other qualifying matches around the world, if there is a protest it will appear in the referee's report and the match delegate's report and be dealt with by our disciplinary committee.'

Bahrain, bidding to reach the World Cup finals for the first time, lost the match 1-0 and Trinidad qualified for the first time, themselves, winning the two-legged playoff 2-1 on aggregate.

Bahrain had previously squeezed through the Asian playoffs against Uzbekistan on a technicality.

Bahrain originally lost the first leg of that playoff 1-0 to Uzbekistan in Tashkent on September 3, but the result was annulled by FIFA because of a refereeing error.

The match was later replayed and ended in a 1-1 draw, a result that was enough for Bahrain to advance to the playoff final against Trinidad.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Er, not a chance in hell of that working.

Look at "the Hand of "God", for example.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• I say it's Bahrain's own damn fault. They should have put on Michael Jackson in the 88th minute, leaving the Trinidad players too freaked out to offer any further resistance.

Comment

• I vote we both kick them out of the WC.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Btw, was looking at the World Cup's site and at the African qualifying... wow... a lot of good teams (who did well at past World Cups) finished 2nd in their groups (and thus missed out).

Senegal, Cameroon, Nigeria and Morrocco lost out to (respectively) Togo (TOGO?!), Cote d'Ivoire, Angola, and Tunisia.

Very interesting stuff from Africa.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Tunisia isn't much of a shock, the rest are though!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                Btw, was looking at the World Cup's site and at the African qualifying... wow... a lot of good teams (who did well at past World Cups) finished 2nd in their groups (and thus missed out).

Senegal, Cameroon, Nigeria and Morrocco lost out to (respectively) Togo (TOGO?!), Cote d'Ivoire, Angola, and Tunisia.

Very interesting stuff from Africa.
                                Yeah, we were following the African groups at CG.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X