Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, you have to include International records. Fowler could never really break into the international side ahead of Shearer and only managed 26 caps and 7 goals. Henry has been a fixture in a very strong squad with plenty of striking competition and has 73 caps 30 goals.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
      Also, you have to include International records.
      No I don't!

My post was on cups won with clubs....and I did say "not that much better" and I don't think it is.

It's better but not in relation to the ability of the individuals and the teams they played in. If anyone has underchieved at club level, playing in the side he does, it's Henry.

Comment

• Originally posted by CerberusIV

I was wondering about that. Are Anderlecht typical of the standard of Belgian football? If they are then that's not good at all.
        Haven't seen the game, but Anderlecht is 2nd in Belgium. You can do the math yourself.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Anyway Reds - ok fair enough you win. Henry SHOULD ditch those losers at Arsenal and move to Chelsea.
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
            Anyway Reds - ok fair enough you win. Henry SHOULD ditch those losers at Arsenal and move to Chelsea.
            Nah, he too much of a gentleman to play for a bunch of moody schoolkids

How Drogba stayed on the pitch, I'll never know....and their goalie was lucky was well. He could have jeopardised a good win for Betis.

Comment

• Looks like Liverpool is gearing up for more surprises in the CL. Too bad for my country though.

Hey, at least we get to watch some decent games.
              -

In the same vein, what happend to McManaman(sp?).

It seems both of them made a couple of bad decisione that ended their careed.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• McManaman made the crazy decision to leave a Liverpool team consisting of Ruddock, Scales, Walters and Dicks on a load of money Bosman deal to join Raul, Carlos, Zidane and Figo at Madrid and go on to collect 2 Champions League winners medals.

2000 Champions League winner (Real Madrid)
                2002 Champions League winner (Real Madrid)
                2001 Primera League Champions (Real Madrid)
                2003 Primera League Champions (Real Madrid)
                2000 Intercontinental Cup Finals (Real Madrid)
                2002 League Cup Finals (Real Madrid)

Beat that Henry!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever

Nah, he too much of a gentleman to play for a bunch of moody schoolkids

How Drogba stayed on the pitch, I'll never know....and their goalie was lucky was well. He could have jeopardised a good win for Betis.
                  I had a band rehearsal so I thankfully only had to endure the first 30 minutes. The group is set up quite excitingly.

If you beat Betis and we beat Anderlecht we're both through. (which I think is the most likely scenario)

If you lose to Betis and we beat Anderlecht then theoretically whoever loses at Stamford Bridge could be out!

And there are some other scenarios too...
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

McManaman made the crazy decision to leave a Liverpool team consisting of Ruddock, Scales, Walters and Dicks on a load of money Bosman deal to join Raul, Carlos, Zidane and Figo at Madrid and go on to collect 2 Champions League winners medals.

Beat that Henry!!!
                    McManaman was good for them too, scored a great goal in the Champions League final. I remember a couple of the Spanish posters here posting about how hard working but not that skillful he was which really made me laugh as it showed the differences between English and Spanish football.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• you sacked off watching your team to go to a band rehearsal
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• WHat do mean 'his' team? Just another trophy hunter, he is.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• After the 30 minutes I saw I might well have flicked over to watch Liverpool anyway! We were rubbish.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by alva

In the same vein, what happend to McManaman(sp?).
                            After he left Madrid he joined Manchester City. He wasn't a regular in their team because of injury and I think they cancelled his contract at the end of last season. AFAIK he has retired now.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

McManaman made the crazy decision to leave a Liverpool team consisting of Ruddock, Scales, Walters and Dicks on a load of money Bosman deal to join Raul, Carlos, Zidane and Figo at Madrid and go on to collect 2 Champions League winners medals.

Beat that Henry!!!
                              Well Henry did win the World Cup in his home country - most footballers' dream.

Comment

• Lets hope Owen Hargreaves can do it this year!!

Comment

Working...
                                X