This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locutus
    1) Was this match representative of Belgium football today? Haven't seen much in the past few years but it used to be much more boring, slower-paced and defensive.
    I don't follow Belgian foorball (or even football in general) anymore but I would say this was a one off.
    I only saw parts of it was pleasantly surprised.

2) Do Canvas and/or Een broadcast more live matches like that or was this a one-off or something? I thought the rights were sold off to some commercial network as in most of the rest of Europe?

The national network just regained the rights to the national competition and the braodcast one every week. Next week it's Standard Luik (current leader) Vs err..no idea
    Of course the lost the CL rights so next year the commercial networks will handle it.
    At the moment you can still CL games though. (Bugger is of course that we still have teams in it (with no chance in hell), so expect all games to feature either Brugge or Anderlecht.

3) WTF is up with those camera angles? Does panoramic view get it on for you guys or what? Couldn't distinguish individual players most of the time, and that's coming from someone with a ridiculously large TV...

This seems to be a trend, no idea who came up with that. Previous seasons I got irritated by all the close ups which destroyed the "tactical" view and we get this.
    Not a national thing though, I've seen elsewhere too.

BTW: Am I the only one not happy with those computered generated boards on each side of the goal?

No comments on Arsenals penalty btw? Oh and it was not Cruijff who come up with it but Rik Coppens!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
      Imran:

Overseas TV:

SuperSport 3 SA
      Sport 2 HU
      Art Sport 4
      C+ Scandinavia
      Sky Sports 2 New Zealand
      Fox Sports 1 Australia
      Canal + Spain
      ESPN - SE Asia
      "Same day delay" in the US on the Fox Soccer Channel - 1pm Eastern time, 10am Pacific time
      Yeah, saw a bit of the 2nd half (after I got bored of the Indy-Houston NFL matchup ).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Am I the only one not happy with those computered generated boards on each side of the goal?

Hey, gotta pay the bills . I don't mind it frankly.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Pires' penalty was hilarious. He was obviously in two minds on what to do and ended up doing sod all. Never seen anything like it before.

Comment

You mean players have difficulty paying their bills??? That's an outrage!!! Raise the prize of tickets right now dammit, so these guys can get something extra from time to time!!!

I don't like it for the fact I get the feeling I'm being tricked, they are showing me something that isn't there..just don't care for it.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by alva

I don't like it for the fact I get the feeling I'm being tricked, they are showing me something that isn't there..just don't care for it.
              You *NEED* to see real adverts?

Comment

Not really, no but at least they real.

At first they confused the **** out of me. When the keeper ran behind the line to get the ball, I went "he gonna trip over it, is he blind?!".

Comment

At first they confused the **** out of me. When the keeper ran behind the line to get the ball, I went "he gonna trip over it, is he blind?!".
                  I was the same with those images they superimpose on the pitch before a game!!

Comment

They should keep these images just so alva says these things at the TV every week .

Comment

I think players should be paid more money! I mean, on the pittance they receive at the moment, do you really expect that they'll make a half-decent attempt at scoring every penalty that comes their way?

Comment

Who would you like to get all all the money in the game? (and don't say the fans)

Comment

Ticket prices should be a third of what they are and bring back the terraces in England, if everybodys forced to do it at the same time it will be fair.
                          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

So you are against a Free Market? Commie!!

Comment

Bah.. seaters are the way to go .

Comment

Yeah, you need stuff to chuck at Warren Barton on his England debut in Ireland.

[/joke]

Comment

Working...
                                X