Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver Canucks: Hear that Sound?

It's the sound of SUCKING!

I just found my first canucks game vs minn. They got it done to them like a catholic altarboy in a boston parish, it was that bad.

Cloutier...I never liked him. Watching Bertuzzi on a leash was just sad. Naslund was kinda sorta ok still. But please find some way to ditch cloutier.

WTF happened to that great pre-strike offence that was so fun to watch? I'd rather watch All-Night Enema Marathon on the Operation Channel.

Anyway I stopped watching at 0-3 end of the third. It's just...depressing.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

yeah tell me about it/... OHlund is on my fantasy team... -2 tongith godam tiit

and friggen bertuzzi. at least he isn to negative...

but cmons vacnouver its mnentatosta... they sucx jacues lemaire is a dork you can betate him!!#!@#
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

not sdrunke just realllyly really stoned and its dark in rmy room and its hard to use backsppace
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Buckle your seats, everyone, it's gonna be a wild, wild, year.

The goalies are gonna hate it, if they don't already.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Minnesota always plays Vancouver well. Remember the playoffs before last?

One suck-ass game does not a season make.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Yeah, but what makes it worse is Van has to stay in town another two days for a rematch.

Wanna bet Van pounds the hell out of them on Friday?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Calgary lost 6-3 to the wild in their first game. It's a young, surprisingly able team

Wait until the playoffs, and the Canucks and Flames of the league will be a different story. It WILL be Vancouver or Calgary vs. Ottawa or Philadelphia for the Stanley cup.. and I'd take 2-1 odds on that 4spective combination any day

Comment

The beginning of this season is all ****ed up. Pay no attention.

Hell, the Oilers even did well at the beginning.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                  Calgary lost 6-3 to the wild in their first game. It's a young, surprisingly able team

Wait until the playoffs, and the Canucks and Flames of the league will be a different story. It WILL be Vancouver or Calgary vs. Ottawa or Philadelphia for the Stanley cup.. and I'd take 2-1 odds on that 4spective combination any day
                  I bet you $5. You pay me $10 if you lose?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

I bet you 5$ YOU pay me 10$ if you lose

Comment

You're on.

WILL be Vancouver or Calgary vs. Ottawa or Philadelphia for the Stanley cup.. and I'd take 2-1 odds on that 4spective combination any day

Not that I fancy the Oilers (I recall years when they were first, or thereabouts, overall after 20 games not so long ago) it's that the league is too wide open. Only a fool would pick the winners right now.

BTW, welcome to the hockey threads, Z.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Moore lawsuit dismissed in Colorado

Canadian Press

10/13/2005 12:10:49 PM

DENVER (AP) - A lawsuit filed against Vancouver's Todd Bertuzzi over his attack on former Avalanche forward Steve Moore was tossed out Thursday by a judge who said the case has no standing in Colorado.

Denver district Judge Shelley Gilman agreed with lawyers for Bertuzzi and others that any case would be better handled in Canada, where the hit occurred last year.

Moore and each defendant are residents of Canada or businesses headquartered there, the judge noted.

"It is highly likely that Colorado law will not apply to most, if not all, of Moore's claims," Gilman wrote. "British Columbia bears the most significant relationship to Moore's claims."

Moore hasn't played since the March 8, 2004, game when Bertuzzi grabbed him from behind, punched him in the head and drove his head into the ice during a game in Vancouver. Moore suffered three fractured vertebrae in his neck, a concussion and other injuries.

Moore was seeking unspecified damages from the Canucks, team owner Orca Bay Hockey Limited Partnership, Bertuzzi, coach Marc Crawford, former general manager Brian Burke and former Canucks player Brad May, who now plays for Colorado.

Moore's lawyers did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

They had argued that Moore was a Colorado resident when he was injured and when he filed the suit, giving him the right to seek damages in a Colorado court. They also said events leading up to Bertuzzi's hit started during a game in Denver on Feb. 16, 2004, when Moore hit Canucks captain Markus Naslund, leaving him with a concussion.

After the February game, Bertuzzi, May, Crawford and Burke met in Denver and planned Bertuzzi's attack as retaliation, according to Lee Foreman, Moore's lawyer. The lawsuit accused Bertuzzi and the other defendants of civil conspiracy, assault, battery and negligence.

Foreman argued that the formation of the alleged conspiracy in Denver, and the fact that Moore received medical treatment in Denver, was enough to allow Moore to pursue his lawsuit in Colorado. The judge disagreed.

"The statements allegedly made by the defendants in Colorado do not rise to the level of tortious or unlawful acts," which would be required to prove a conspiracy, she wrote.

She also said she was required to dismiss the case under a state law enacted in response to a large number of cases filed by non-residents.

Factors she had to consider included Moore's residency, the fact that he could file his case in British Columbia, the fact that the injury occurred in Canada and the fact that most witnesses to the injury are in Canada, she said.

Burke's lawyer, Scott Barker, said his client was not in Denver when the alleged conspiracy was formed. He said he was pleased with the ruling, but noted Moore could appeal.

"The ruling doesn't address the merits of the claims," Barker said. "But even taking the allegations of the complaint as true, they don't establish a sufficient connection with the state of Colorado."

Lawyers for Bertuzzi, Crawford and the Canucks did not immediately return calls.

Bertuzzi faced up to 18 months in prison after Vancouver authorities charged him with assault. He pleaded guilty to assault causing bodily harm and received a conditional discharge. He was sentenced to a year's probation and 80 hours of community service.

Bertuzzi was reinstated to the NHL in August after being indefinitely suspended and missing 13 regular-season games and the Stanley Cup playoffs in 2004, giving up about $502,000 US in salary. He is due to earn about $5.2 million this season.

Moore is an unrestricted free agent, but he has said the Avalanche plan to sign him to a new contract once his doctors clear him to play again.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I think it's terrible what happened to Moore. And at the time, if you go back to the threads, you will no doubt find I was saying Bertuzzi is a goon and stuff...

but he has been sufficiently punished...

and I don't think he intended to injure Moore the way he was injured...

however, Bertuzzi's actions were gutless and cowardly...

but the matter has been decided on, and I have full confidence that the law was followed here...

let's move on...

hopefully Moore can recover and play once again
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, they sucked last night, it sucked to watch them play. It made me thankful to have homework, that's how bad they were.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Totally!
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X