Bono, U2 in Fund-Raiser for Senator Rick Santorum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bono, U2 in Fund-Raiser for Senator Rick Santorum

Newsmax.com reports today’s news headlines, live news stream, news videos from Americans and global readers seeking the latest in current events, politics, U.S., world news, health, finance, and more.

Monday, Oct. 10, 2005 1:10 p.m. EDT
    Bono, U2 in Fund-Raiser for Senator Rick Santorum

On Sunday, October 16, a truly unique political event will take place.

Teaming up with the legendary rock group U2 for a one-night only appearance will be Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Penn.).

The thousand-dollar-a-seat concert has been put together by Sean and Ana Wolfington and will take place at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia in support of Santorum’s re-election, reports NewsMax's James Hirsen.

U2 front man Bono is no stranger to Washington, D.C. He has come often to the nation’s capital to network with politicians on behalf of his many causes.

Santorum met Bono earlier this year, having been introduced by John Kasich, the former Congressman from Ohio and host of Fox News Channel’s "Heartland.”

So what does the Irish rocker have in common with the conservative senator?

As in the case of Santorum, Bono’s religious convictions inform his activities.

The U2 leader shared some of his faith perspectives with the author of the book "Bono in Conversation.” He said, "It’s a mind-blowing concept that the God who created the universe might be looking for company, a real relationship with people.”

Santorum told "Christianity Today” that "faith is a source of morality; it’s a source of virtue; it’s a source of reason. It’s a tremendous influence on my worldview.”
    And here's the Christianity Today article:

There have been a number of books written about U2 and their iconic frontman, Bono, arguably the world's most famous rock star. But not till now has Bono himself come out to tell his own story. In the ...

waaaaaaaaaaaaa?
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Correction, from National Review:

"Bono has not endorsed the Santorum campaign, he is not doing a fundraiser for Santorum. A couple bought a box at a U2 concert and are using the purchase as a Santorum fundraiser. But it's totally independent of Bono or U2."

Comment

Business as usual for the fundraising community. Next!
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Idiots.
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

ow. wow. ow.

That kind of spin hurts my head.

Newsmax, ever-reliable.
              B♭3

Comment

^^^Glad someone already said it.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

U2, my son Bono?

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
                    Correction, from National Review:

"Bono has not endorsed the Santorum campaign, he is not doing a fundraiser for Santorum. A couple bought a box at a U2 concert and are using the purchase as a Santorum fundraiser. But it's totally independent of Bono or U2."
                    bono should cancel the concert
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Didn't Bono meet with the Pope too? The horror!
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Didn't Bono meet with the Pope too? The horror!
                        What.

The.

Are.

You.

On.

About?
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

To be even handed, a flyer for a Ted Kennedy/U2 fundraising concert came across my desk at the end of the day. I had a good chuckle. All it is buying a box and inviting PAC people for $X per PAC or half that for an individual. I think that the Ted Kennedy fundraiser is the same night.
                          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Working...
                          X