X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Otay buckwheat

back to da thread
    Somehow I don't think we are that far away from the OT.

If a society can allow beating up 13 year oldies as you describe, why should it not consider attacking a 64 old as reasonable ?

I guess that it's some years ago you were 13, but still, was law and police so much out of control ?

I think that your police forces has a serious attitude problem.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Right, I could see that happening and it does everywhere, but it seems like you got pretty brutal beatings.. not just a bit teasing and shoving around and occasional fight.

BlackCat, I think when you are alone, and kid, the first thing running through your mind is not going to the cops with it.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
        Swedish newspapers reported that a group of NO policemen took active part in the post-Katrina looting.
        this is true
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Somehow I don't think we are that far away from the OT.

If a society can allow beating up 13 year oldies as you describe, why should it not consider attacking a 64 old as reasonable ?

I guess that it's some years ago you were 13, but still, was law and police so much out of control ?

I think that your police forces has a serious attitude problem.
          Society reflects the values we allow it to

Yes things are out of control

In America we have what is called a "Good Old Boyz Club"

rules for people depending what circle your in

If its allowed or even "perceived" to be allowed then its wrong but all too often accepted

The L A P D beating of Rodney King is one of the worse, or the NYPD where they sodomized a man in custody, maybe 2-3 years ago?
          Things happen because they are allowed to happen

Oh and in the early 70's when my beating took place, that fat slob of a Police Chief in Woodland told my family he investigated but seems it was just a fight between two youth that got out of hand, because, no witness's

Oh well

Gramps
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

BlackCat, I think when you are alone, and kid, the first thing running through your mind is not going to the cops with it.
            Maybe not, but I assume that those people who gave me that many stitches would be very curious - there are after all some decent doctors and nurses.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Maybe not, but I assume that those people who gave me that many stitches would be very curious - there are after all some decent doctors and nurses.
              they were and as stated above, small town cops and local good old boys

what was very ironic

I grew up there and then to deal with my pain chose drugs and alcohol and later became an underling with two MC Sons of Satan and St Croix Bikers both had members that took me in and showed me how to stand up

then I went in U S Army and got out became a Federal Police Officer not 10 miles from there on an Indian Reservation

Never took it out on them, figured they took enough of my shattered childhood no sense going to prison for them

Gramps

Comment

then you won already. You could have paid back, you could have wrecked them. But you CHOOSE not to. Makes you more powerful than they ever dreamt.

Kudos
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                  I saw the video a couple of times on the news tonight and I have serious doubts about the legality / necessity of the police actions. Given that many police in the U.S. are poorly trained in physical combat and all too often use completely inappropriate techniques when subduing people it isn't all that surprising, but what I saw shows a complete lack of discipline even excusing the stupidity of using a beating to subdue someone when 5% of that energy would have subdued someone resisting arrest by simply breaking him down with grappling and perhaps one or two blows if he was somehow capable of an unusual capability in hand to hand combat. The fact that he's 64 years old and a retired schoolteacher makes the chances that he's also a master kung fu expert or former pit fighter capable of giving 3 police officers a run for their money unlikely in the extreme. Throw these scum off of the force and convict them of felony assault.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    then you won already. You could have paid back, you could have wrecked them. But you CHOOSE not to. Makes you more powerful than they ever dreamt.

Kudos
                    Victory can not only be measured by what is won but also what is lost

Thats why I am probably one on the hardest to get to fight now

I dont play nice in da sandbox..

another reason I dont wanna fight?

This is my son who is on Onslow County S O SWAT TEAM and my two Grandsons Ethan and Cameron

This will make ya wanna behave seeing them grow up

Plus time to move on

Say

Hows da Big Easy doing?

Gramps
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

they were and as stated above, small town cops and local good old boys

what was very ironic

I grew up there and then to deal with my pain chose drugs and alcohol and later became an underling with two MC Sons of Satan and St Croix Bikers both had members that took me in and showed me how to stand up

then I went in U S Army and got out became a Federal Police Officer not 10 miles from there on an Indian Reservation

Never took it out on them, figured they took enough of my shattered childhood no sense going to prison for them

Gramps
                      Glad to hear that there at least is one decent cop in us despite your rather unusual "carrierpath"

I guess that the most difficult thing to change is "old habits", so if us police should change attitude, you have to do it in a double way - first of all - beat it into newbeies that illegal activites isn't allowed and hit hard on the old ones when they commit crimes.

I think that we are at same age - I too was scared of the police in the early 70'es - though of other reasons - had a 50 cc minimotorcycle (called a knallert in danish - don't know an appropriate english term) wich was illegally pepped up so it ran 100 Km/t instead of the legal 30. Though, the worst I expected was the shame of being taken and the cost to rebuild - I never feared violence.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

and a son in SWAT.. damn.. I guess I better ring the bell before getting in cool picture
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                          An ******* is an ******* regardless of any funny hat, badge, uniform, or that ultimate symbol that makes Americans whine and present their necks like beta males in the wolfpack, a gun.

Bravo.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You obviously have made great efforts to understand and overcome. Seems to me as though you've succeeded in kicking your demons *****. Any man who is capable of taking as much pride in his grandchildren can't be all that bad, Gramps.
                            What?

Comment

First of all I never claimed to like cops. I wouldnt not and dont want that job. Second of all I have also said what these *******s did was possibly wrong, and am not in the shoes they are in to make a judgement. The man and his own lawyers stated it was not a race issue so why is this still being brought up? Is it possible they guy wsnt drunk? Yes I am sure if these police department is on the ball a breath test or blood test should have been taken unless refused which is an automatic confession of guilt. I dont make the rules of these society all i can do is follow these types of incidents and hope the guilty are punished
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

One hit for gramps from me You have done the right thing all your life you know ya have. You came out the better man and. Its very possible those thugs ones that actually matured and not, have no memories of beating on ya. Its sad thing and shameful that this activity goes on. As I did and am teaching my children, they shall never allow this behavior to go on in front of them they should race to get help, nor will they participate in it.
                                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X