No announcement yet.

New Orleans and Its Police Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The victim was black, so the reason he was beat seems pretty obvious. Why the hell do inner city cops seem to all be racist a-holes?

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
      Swedish newspapers reported that a group of NO policemen took active part in the post-Katrina looting. They occupied a hotel where they spent their time boozing up. They made raids outside to get more drinks and stole a generator from a hospital to cool their beer.
      There is a video of one police officer looting and other just looking as people loot a store. It was posted in some thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
        The victim was black, so the reason he was beat seems pretty obvious. Why the hell do inner city cops seem to all be racist a-holes?
        You may be right but its just as possible that thease police are regular a-holes instead of the racist version-- One incident ( with no reports of racist comments IIRC) does not necessarily mean they are racist
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

The problem I have is the victim ALWAYS says they weren't doing anything at all. I find that unlikely. To me its always more likely that the civilian made some smart-ass comment or something that set the attackers off. I just don't tend to think that police beat up random people for no provocation as a matter of course. ( but then again I never lived in NO)

Just once I'd like to see it where the civilain says " I called his momma a #$%$#@$^&$ and then he beat me up" . .. I would find that kind of story pretty credible
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
            The problem I have is the victim ALWAYS says they weren't doing anything at all. I find that unlikely. To me its always more likely that the civilian made some smart-ass comment or something that set the attackers off. I just don't tend to think that police beat up random people for no provocation as a matter of course. ( but then again I never lived in NO)

Just once I'd like to see it where the civilain says " I called his momma a #$%$#@$^&$ and then he beat me up" . .. I would find that kind of story pretty credible
            being a rude smart ass at the police does not give them the right to beat you to a bloody pulp. A cop's job is to arrest and deter criminals, not punish them.

Comment

being a rude smart ass at the police does not give them the right to beat you to a bloody pulp. A cop's job is to arrest and deter criminals, not punish them.

I agree wholeheartedly and way to completely miss my point. This kind of attack is unacceptable but JUST ONCE I'd like to hear the victim admit to goading the cop. Just once . . .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

You may be right but its just as possible that thease police are regular a-holes instead of the racist version-- One incident ( with no reports of racist comments IIRC) does not necessarily mean they are racist
                  i believe Ted Bugent or maybe George Carlin had said it best, why do we need more laws on the book..such as hate crimes due to race or religion or gender desire we need to simply enforce the ones we have

i mean, I am a victim of abuse from early on in life and what I went through beatings and torture and torment and emotional stress and strain, Im caucasian and they were the same..so what makes my beatings day in and day out less severe or less detrimental?

I think we should stop P\/$$y footing around and simply punish those who need punishing..

what gets me is if a cop does something wrong and is found guilty and sent to prison they get often a choice to not be sent where the general populus will harm them

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                    what gets me is if a cop does something wrong and is found guilty and sent to prison they get often a choice to not be sent where the general populus will harm them
                    Understandable though since a police officer in the general population will likely mean a death sentence

Oh and I agree on the rest-- a beating is a beating regardless of the ethnicity of the perp. or the recipient.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

i mean, I am a victim of abuse from early on in life and what I went through beatings and torture and torment and emotional stress and strain, Im caucasian and they were the same..so what makes my beatings day in and day out less severe or less detrimental?
                      You were beaten by kinder and gentler thugs.
                      "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                      —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley

You were beaten by kinder and gentler thugs.
                        Yeah I was held still while another ran up with my head held up and his foot came up and like a live wire being shoved throught the roof of my mouth as the front three teeth came out and through my upper lip..

Mrs. Tubes tell the kind folks here just how big the front teeth are and how many 48 stitches do in regards to damage in the upper lip..

I have so many stitches in my mouth, front three teeth kicked out of my head at age 13 while being held down, another time 30 + stitches at one whack when I was held down and beaten with a man with class rings, and ribs galore cracked and whacked

my sweetheart tells me I should forgive them and yes because my Lord Jesus tells me to..I just, in my humanness can remember to the moment how bad it was and what I went through from 9-13 living in Woodland Maine and the attrocities I suffered..

Folks emotional scars run deep

I wish it never happened and it lies dormant but just below the surface

But, I try to be less aggressive as time does mellow one

Because afterall.. they were a kindler and gentler thug

Gramps

Livin La Vida Loca

Comment

Relax gramps. See the .

You aren't the only person to ever get his butt stomped. I have too, but I don't brag about it in detail in public.
                          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley
                            Relax gramps. See the .

You aren't the only person to ever get his butt stomped. I have too, but I don't brag about it in detail in public.
                            Whos bragging? and it wasnt a butt stompining..maybe to you but not to I...

I am relaxed I am simply more open with details than you or some others..maybe it would be better if we just hushed and kept all dirty little details of our lives secret so no one would think anything goes on?

Oh and btw

you post and Ill post

I dont know you and you dont know me

we can start an online rapport but certainly not by telling me what to post

Otay buckwheat

back to da thread
                            Attached Files

Comment

I kind of knew you have had some rumbles since you told you had, but I thought it was from your job and that you choose to with all the training and stuff.. I didn't know you went through such rough time as a kid though.

How can kid that age get into situation where those kinds of things happen?!?

Forgive in your death bed. Before that, payback is in order if the opportunity should rise.. that's what I feel about things.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                                I kind of knew you have had some rumbles since you told you had, but I thought it was from your job and that you choose to with all the training and stuff.. I didn't know you went through such rough time as a kid though.

How can kid that age get into situation where those kinds of things happen?!?

Forgive in your death bed. Before that, payback is in order if the opportunity should rise.. that's what I feel about things.
                                I was born in southern maine and Dad was transferred to Northern Maine, woodsman territory, as Maine is 2/3rds forestry, he went to work for Georgia Pacific as an Electrician at a Pulp and Paper Mill..the kids dont like outsiders and it was 120 miles back in the woods from the nearest "city"

Bottom line it was funny to beat on, P!$$ on, knock out and humiliate a defenseless introvert.

Funny and amusing how small gangs would torment me throw me down stairs and make my life a living hell as a child.

I was from a poor family 8 kids and Dad worked hard to support.

I pray for these folks but Forgetting is another thing.

@ Moses, i dont mean to be terse its just that when I see beatings it is like a gentle breeze across a flame, the embers seem to be out then they flare up.

I think thugs are not men but bullys and bullys know only one thing:

Survival in packs

I will be good now just sharing that to some its is an event in New Orleans but to others whom have to endure it says something about the individuals wearing the badge that they took an oath to protect and to serve

Ok

Ill just take my little old soapbox and go back to the sideline..for real..just gets me blood pressure up when I think of thugs
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X