No announcement yet.

New Orleans and Its Police Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"If the cops had to struggle that much with the "victim", then he was resisting arrest."

That is a typically American assumption. And at least crypto-fascist in my opinion.

My own knee-jerk assumption is that they are power-tripping storm troopers who know that american 'culture'* will let them abuse their power and so they push that power to the limit at every opportunity in order to live out sado-masochistic fantasies. This is why the state, and so-called "legitimate authority" (i.e. power) that americans fawn over like dogs, need to be kept on the strictest, tightest leashes by ordinary people.

*i.e. abu ghraib, vietnam, Detroit PD, LA PD, US prison system, and on and on and on and on....
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
      "If the cops had to struggle that much with the "victim", then he was resisting arrest."

That is a typically American assumption. And at least crypto-fascist in my opinion.

My own knee-jerk assumption is that they are power-tripping storm troopers who know that american 'culture'* will let them abuse their power and so they push that power to the limit at every opportunity in order to live out sado-masochistic fantasies. This is why the state, and so-called "legitimate authority" (i.e. power) that americans fawn over like dogs, need to be kept on the strictest, tightest leashes by ordinary people.

*i.e. abu ghraib, vietnam, Detroit PD, LA PD, US prison system, and on and on and on and on....
      I disagree wholeheartedly. Especially with the bolded parts. Sado-masochistic fantasies? I think you're stretching things a bit.
      I no longer use this account.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I wrote the book.
        It's a good book.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

4/10 Not bad, but next time try not to be so obvious.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

If an elderly, drunk man resists an arrest, it does not take THAT much physical force to subdue him. In the video, one of the officers was banging the victim's head against a wall -- completely unecessary and excessively violent.
            What gets me is I was a Federal Police Officer on an Indian Reservation, a WHITE Officer and we has one partner often 50-75 minutes away, I carried a revolver and a night stick and mace and a 6 cell Kell light.

No getting 5 officers for one arrest. One officer and often 10 or more people to deal with.

I wonder how some of these "heroes" would deal in the small er departments...most probably not so good..

makes one ashamed to have been associated with Law Enforcement

But....it will wash out hopefully

Lots of clowns out there ya know?

Attached Files
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Maybe it was more of racist motivation that chauvinistic motivation.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Maybe it was more of racist motivation that chauvinistic motivation.
                Mr fun why does it have to be racist, why cant it just be what it was to rogue jackasses tired of the **** in NO beating on a drunk old man that might have resisted and needed a bit more force, Granted not that much that they gave him. I for one look at these situations like this. The drunk guy was apparently in the wrong. He didnt desreve to get his ass kicked they way he did but i would think that some force was necessary since he put up a good fight. I dunno i can see rodney king all over again
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

The video shows excessive force, but force of a lesser degree was justified. There is no reason to assume racist or any other motives from that video.

These cops should be held responsible for the excesive force.
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

I dunno i can see rodney king all over again
                    Rodney King was not an upstanding citizen

however, the L A Cops beat him like a dog because they felt they could

no person should ever have to endure that type of beating, Mrs.T, forgive if I am wrong, but your in the medical field correct?

You know what someone under the influence of PCP-(phencyclidine) is like

The LAPD is suppossed to be highly trained...they claim he was dusted, if so then they would know all the beating in the world would be a waste of time..

I am a former abuser of PCP and you could break him down like a shotgun and he wouldnt feel anything

turns out he wasnt "dusted"

The shame is they would have gotten away with it

back to new orleans home of da big eazy @zz whoopin

the cops were wrong for the beating and I agree that he was probably a victim of rogue jac@zz's venting frustrations

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                      The video shows excessive force, but force of a lesser degree was justified. There is no reason to assume racist or any other motives from that video.

These cops should be held responsible for the excesive force.
                      And therein lies most difficulties that come from these video clips (please note that I have not seen this particular clip).

What is "excessive force"? How do you define it? Often I see clips that to some might seem "excessive force" but I see it as using overwhelming force to ensure the safety of the officer (these cops are people who's main goal when they are working is NOT to hurt or be mean, its to just go home at the end of shift alive).

So, for those who feel that cops regularly use excessive force, please define your intereptation of excessive force.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Rodney King was not an upstanding citizen

however, the L A Cops beat him like a dog because they felt they could

no person should ever have to endure that type of beating, Mrs.T, forgive if I am wrong, but your in the medical field correct?

You know what someone under the influence of PCP-(phencyclidine) is like

The LAPD is suppossed to be highly trained...they claim he was dusted, if so then they would know all the beating in the world would be a waste of time..

I am a former abuser of PCP and you could break him down like a shotgun and he wouldnt feel anything

turns out he wasnt "dusted"

The shame is they would have gotten away with it

back to new orleans home of da big eazy @zz whoopin

the cops were wrong for the beating and I agree that he was probably a victim of rogue jac@zz's venting frustrations
                        Your ar right gpa T I am in the medical field and ur are completly right he wouldnt feel the beating if he was pcped up. He was coked up and had been drinking, and thats almost as bad. The difference between this guy and king is there was 4 or 5 on king this one only had 2 which is enough. I was simply stating i see an outrage in NO happening from this like in La i do hope that the folks see this as not another chance to finish destroying a destroyed city.
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Dongeal I have to agree nobody is inthe shoes of that cop to know how they would react. Most of the time al the cop wants to do is make it through another night alive. It is very assumptious of the public to decide excessive force when they are not in the situation. And by simply viewing an edited tape put out by the media or a privet source that turned it over to the media. I dont know if i can define excessive force in a situatuon like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                            Your ar right gpa T I am in the medical field and ur are completly right he wouldnt feel the beating if he was pcped up. He was coked up and had been drinking, and thats almost as bad. The difference between this guy and king is there was 4 or 5 on king this one only had 2 which is enough. I was simply stating i see an outrage in NO happening from this like in La i do hope that the folks see this as not another chance to finish destroying a destroyed city.
                            ok

copy

and yes been there done that on coke and Tequilla

Of course, the city of new orleans has a large swath of damage to handle in this whole aftermath, Cops killing themselves, quitting, abandoning a city in need,alleged stealing, alleged beatings and a shame it is

I watched a clip this weekend and it showed a Police Officer near a bus stating we are tired, working long shifts havent seen their families...

The human side that we often forget about for those whom wear the badge and swear to uphold.

I too hope people dont take the very law they want the officers to be held accountable for and abide by and twist it and pervert it and riot for the injustices they say may/may not have happened

Thats the irony that some will use this as an excuse to be @zzes

Peace

Gramps

Comment

What is "excessive force"? How do you define it? Often I see clips that to some might seem "excessive force" but I see it as using overwhelming force to ensure the safety of the officer (these cops are people who's main goal when they are working is NOT to hurt or be mean, its to just go home at the end of shift alive).
                              All police departments have their own rules as to the use of force, and at the end of the day it is just an opinion call. You take into account all the circumstances and make a judgement call.

The militay has the same type of system, but as a rule you to not excalate the situation. We have levels of force which are basically hiinged around the weapon you use. Also, you stop using force when the target is no longer a threat.

Now the police are a little different. I am just trying to defend myself or others or assets that require protecting. If the guy just starts walking away it is not my place to go get him (though you can bet it is sure as hell someone elses and they are on their way). A cop is suposed to arrest and if need be render compliant an offender.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal

And therein lies most difficulties that come from these video clips (please note that I have not seen this particular clip).

So, for those who feel that cops regularly use excessive force, please define your intereptation of excessive force.

Let's start with repeatedly bashing another guy's head into a brick/concrete wall.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X