I don't understand high-end wristwatches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Last time I made cookies for a girl it didn't work out well.

Comment

• I dont know how i killed the cactus. Folks told me i gave it to much water.
        I'm not the only one with a murderous non-green thumb. I was to take care of a "favorite plant" (not a cactus) and I mistakenly killed it with the same lethal method.

On Topic: I don't see a problem with someone buying a $2000 watch. It's their money and I don't care if they need it for self-esteem or because they caved to pure-pressure at work or because it was a gift from a loved one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
          How do you freaking kill a cactus???
          Usually by watering it overly much.

Oops was that a rhetorical question?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Footie Mad
            Yeah that's great, give her some horrible looking ceramic mug that nobody would would want to be caught dead with. And force her to keep it and use it. Or a painting that's an expression of your love for her, and looks like the drug induced paintings on the cupboards in a crackhouse.

Sometimes you just have to face the fact that you're a not a craftsman.
            Thus spoke a n00b
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
              Last time I made cookies for a girl it didn't work out well.

dude, not that kind of brownies!
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
                Last time I made cookies for a girl it didn't work out well.
                Go to a class first.

Comment

• I paid ~$70 for my wristwatch five years ago, and I think it looks pretty good, tho the gilding is starting to come off.

I wouldn't want to be seen with a ~$10 digital watch (or one of those plastic-looking sports watches I wore when I was younger ), but neither would I spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a big-brand watch even if I could afford it.

ObAnecdote: Once in ninth grade, I parried a punch from a girl in my class with the wrong arm, with the result she smashed my wristwatch. Her abrupt switch from violent aggression to abject begging for forgiveness was rather amusing.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• LC fighting girls in the 9th grade.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Mrs. Tuberski - as someone who has grown Cacti from seed, they can be tough for people to grow simply because it's easy to overwater them. Think of it as giving a fluid restricted patient unlimited water.

A great plant for beginners is Spider Plants, even my mother-in-law couldn't kill that one. They are both tolerant of over, and under, watering. The ones with the yellow streak down the middle of the leaves are prettier (variagated leavers). From that you can "branch" out into other plants.
                      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

• I need to reseed my lawn, but I think I'm too late

I guess I'll try to get it in the spring.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

• I had a lovely Thomas the Tank engine watch that cost hardly anything- from Woolworths, if I remember rightly.

It had a Thomas face to protect the glass over the watchface and garnered lots of admiring glances and comments when we were on holiday in Canada.

I bought my partner a watch from the Tintin shop in Covent Garden- because he likes Tintin, it had a picture of Tintin and Snowy in an aeroplane (and he flies gliders and powered aircraft) and he needed a watch.

Otherwise I couldn't give a tuppenny dam about the kind of watch I wear- and I'd certainly eschew wearing anything encrusted with gold or lapis lazuli or Paris Hilton's crystallized urine, or that can tell you what temperature it is in Ouagadougou or what your glycaemic index says about you.
                          Attached Files
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            Why the hell would you pour salt into brownies?
                            I wouldnt or didnt my sister did on accident. her daughter was helping her and poured some salt in the measuring cup she thought it was sugar and poured it in
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Az
                              LC fighting girls in the 9th grade.

I wasn't fighting her, per se - she just took rather badly to something I told her.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X