I don't understand high-end wristwatches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

A friend of mine was chatting to a very attracting woman in a New York bar. She happened to notice his inexpensive watch and abruptly walked out.
    Then he is best away from the snotty-nosed materialist little b*tch If it is true of course, and not his excuse
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      ...If it is true of course, and not his excuse
      i think you just hit the nail right on the head.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

High end watches make sense as jewelry but what I don't get are the high end cellphones. There are some jewelers selling phones where the plastic case has been replaced by gold or other such stuff. I can't help but laugh at the idiot who spend tens of thousands on an item which has such a short life span as a cell phone.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
          I don't understand it but frankly I don't need to. What's the point of making good coin if you can't buy something stupid and frivolous for someone you love??
          So you can buy something sensible and useful for someone you love?
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
            So you can buy something sensible and useful for someone you love?
            So you've bought a loved one a new vacuumn cleaner??
            "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
              I was dating this girl who was going nuts over this Louis Vutton purse
              Meh. LV purses are ugly.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

My watches are 80s style Casio things.

Comment

I am teh anti-status

[img]http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyKfEEEhDd1IBoHKHBqMX;_ylu=X3oDMTBwanIybjR qBHBndANhdHdfaW1nX3Jlc3VsdARzZWMDc3I-/SIG=12nime6t5/EXP=1128882756/**http%3a//pocketcalculatorshow.com/nerdwatch/graphics/casio-te2500.jpg[/img]

Mine's not quite as old but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                    u guys are all in denial cauZ jooz jealous of my bling biatch!~`

Word up I got mad bling but I can't get to your level

pS I whooped you in Day of Defeat: Source
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I spent 80 bucks on my watch, because I need a watch when I am out. I hate using my cell as a clock (hate phones in general), and it is so much easier simply looking at your wrist to know the time.

That said, I don't think I would spend more than say 120 on a watch.

Of course its a status symbol- why else would anyone get any personal fashion accessorie at the high end? Why would anyone get a $2000 suit, or a $500 Shirt, or a $300 tie?
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

This puppy only costs $2080

Comment

Quality perhaps, or longevity of a product. Some expensive items you can't even tell it's expensive if you're not an expert and people buy such things to.
                          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                            I am teh anti-status

[img]http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyKfEEEhDd1IBoHKHBqMX;_ylu=X3oDMTBwanIybjR qBHBndANhdHdfaW1nX3Jlc3VsdARzZWMDc3I-/SIG=12nime6t5/EXP=1128882756/**http%3a//pocketcalculatorshow.com/nerdwatch/graphics/casio-te2500.jpg[/img]

Mine's not quite as old but still...

That thing looks like it's 20 years old!

Ted Striker falls into the consumerism trap.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This puppy goes for only $12,400 online! Save $3000 at least'

And the perfect site for everyone to check out when it comes to this very discussion:

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                                This puppy only costs $2080

That's a good looking watch.

I'd hit it.

Comment

Working...
                                X