Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming

Is anybody else planning on showing up?
    My car goes into the shop on Friday. There's no way.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Hmm. Well, I'm not sure, but I might be able to duck out of work early, and go in on Saturday, but... hmm.

(Sorry my answers have been spotty--we switched internets providers from dsl to cable, so I didn't have regular internets until today.)

So, I can make it, I suppose, after 12.30 or so, at best?
      B♭3

Comment

Damn, sound much better than sitting in at a memorial service/lunch. But at least I'll be on the golf course afterwards.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Donnegal, is bringing the baby a possibility?
          It's not just the baby. I actually work that morning (I work 3rd shift 11 PM to 7 AM) and when I get home, I take over baby duty from my wife who then FINALY gets to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. She gets up at about 10:00 and I go to bed as I have to work that night as well. Additionally, I live 2 1/2 - 3 hours away. I just don't think its doable.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Bummer... it does sound tough... but totally understandable. I wouldn't want to do it if I were you.

Che... it might just be you and me
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'll be there promptly @ 12pm (or a bit before). I'll be wearing a blue zip-front Columbia sweatshirt with probably khaki pants. Long dark brown ponytail, and a watch that weighs about 1,000 pounds (silver casio G-Force) on the left wrist
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Che... it might just be you and me
                HEY!!!

I said I will be there!!!

I am leaving the house at 10:30 AM

I will hopefully arrive in the city around 11:30 and after parking, be there with time to spare!

WHAT AM I ???? CHOPPED LIVER?!?!?!
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Driving to the city ... bad idea, if you can somehow take the metra it would be probably faster and definitely cheaper Parking $10+, perhaps $20 depending on how far you want to walk...

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Driving to the city ... bad idea, if you can somehow take the metra it would be probably faster and definitely cheaper Parking $10+, perhaps $20 depending on how far you want to walk...
                    public transportation?

with the peasants?

no this is easier...

plus, I don't know the Metra schedule... and I don't feel like walking from the station to Bergoff

the parking garage is right next door to Bergoff's

I'll just take the Stevenson... traffic is not bad that time of day. Plus I can listen to the Score.

And I don't have to ride a train with all the QUEERS WITH AIDS AND UNWED MOTHERS AND CRIMINALS AND STUFF

[/john rocker]
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I used to ride the Naperville line all the time. Go to the Rt 59 stop.

Ride the 'L' in the city. Overall definitely cheaper and prolly faster.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

public transportation?

with the peasants?

no this is easier...

plus, I don't know the Metra schedule... and I don't feel like walking from the station to Bergoff

the parking garage is right next door to Bergoff's

I'll just take the Stevenson... traffic is not bad that time of day. Plus I can listen to the Score.

And I don't have to ride a train with all the QUEERS WITH AIDS AND UNWED MOTHERS AND CRIMINALS AND STUFF

[/john rocker]

Metra train departure times, services alerts, schedules and maps, click here to get started with Metra.

and there's a bus that runs nearly to the berghoff from there (151).

But feel free to drive ... just remember ...

When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Laden

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          I'll just take the Stevenson... traffic is not bad that time of day.

The Stevenson ALWAYS sucks

So it looks like...
                          DATE: October 7th TODAY
                          TIME: NOON
                          PLACE: THE BERGHOFF RESTAURANT
                          ADDRESS: 17 West Adams, Chicago, IL 60603

CONFIRMED
                          snoopy369 - "I'll be wearing a blue zip-front Columbia sweatshirt with probably khaki pants. Long dark brown ponytail"

Sava - Picture provided... and I will be wearing a black shirt that says: OMFG STFU

chegitz guevara - I will be wearing khakis and a denim jacket and a Cubs hat... minus his three foot ponytail

Ming - Picture provided... Black Jeans, black leather jacket

POSSIBLE
                          Q Cubed - not sure, maybe late arrival at 12:30

Donegeal - in reality, no chance to make it due to seriously tough real life scheduling issues... but if a miracle occurs...

See ya all there!
                          Attached Files
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

taking Eisenhower instead
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The Eisenhower has the evil Hillside Strangler. Remember, parking in the city costs big bucks, unless you get &uumlr luck and find a metered space on Wabash.

God, I feel icky. Too much wine and beer last night. Mighthave to stick to root beer this morning, since the bachelor party is tonight.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

there's a parking garage next to Berghoff's that is reasonable...

okay time to get ready to leave
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X