X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    taking Eisenhower instead
    Sucks even worse...

And yes, parking even for two hours in a public lot is 8 bucks or more... Good luck and happy hunting if you try to find street parking at 25 cents per 10 minutes with a 2 hour limit
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks guys... it was a blast to see an old friend again, and meet new ones. I only wish I could have stayed longer, because it looked like the fun was only going to continue.
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Great fun We stayed until about 3:15 or 3:30...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

yes thanks everyone...

I had a blast

Ming is hilarious

and some great "off the record" comments BTW

I am definitely up for future Chicago Poly meets

AND YES, I think everyone who was there agrees that after meeting me in person I'm not a complete psycho!
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

AND YES, I think everyone who was there agrees that after meeting me in person I'm not a complete psycho!
            Yep... sure surprised me

The White Sox and Boston are tied at 2 in the 5th... I hope you are now watching the game.

Again, thanks to all... it was fun. And my client presentation went well
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Yep... sure surprised me

The White Sox and Boston are tied at 2 in the 5th... I hope you are now watching the game.
              yeah... I'm getting sick of the Eastcoast Sports Propaganda Network though... I don't know how much of their broadcasters I can take

Ortiz just had a loud third out with 2 men on... you can just tell they want Boston to win so bad...

makes me sick
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

yeah... I'm getting sick of the Eastcoast Sports Propaganda Network though...
                And it's even worse for the Yankee series

you can just tell they want Boston to win so bad...
                Besides their traditional east coast biases... from a money standpoint, they really do want a Boston/Yankee rematch. They feel that will deliver the strongest ratings.

The best revenge would be a California/Chicago series...
                The ratings would be far weaker

Plus, with no East Coast team... they wouldn't know who to cheer for
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

And it's even worse for the Yankee series
                  ugh... I haven't been able to bring myself to watch any of those games.

Besides their traditional east coast biases... from a money standpoint, they really do want a Boston/Yankee rematch. They feel that will deliver the strongest ratings.

The best revenge would be a California/Chicago series...
                  The ratings would be far weaker

I am rooting for the Angels...

although I still think the Yankees are the weaker team... it might be better if the White Sox face them instead of the Angels...

the ChiSox have not done well against west coast teams the last few years...
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We have a similar problem over here with Sky, who will (I presume) instruct their commentators to "support" whichever team they deem to have the most fans viewing, rather than delivering impartial commentary. It sucks. A lot.

Comment

Go Boston.

that the Twins didn'tmake it.

Comment

sounds like a fun time, I haven't been to the Berghoff in ages.

Why the heck am I banished to Southern Indiana anyway.

Did you Chicagoans know its actually legal to marry your cousin down here
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

According to Chicagoans, Hoosiers marry their cousins and sisters all the time.

I can say this b/c I'm not a $%^(@#$^ hoosier
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                            Did you Chicagoans know its actually legal to marry your cousin down here
                            doesn't surprise me...

and it explains a lot!

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's too bad a few more people couldn't make it... We will have to do another one in the future.

Maybe we can do one at my place in the Burbs some Friday night.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

I still have your address on a piece of paper somewhere in my car...
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X