• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

209.5 today

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

so I tried to do some biking at the gym

and they suck

I only (according to the numbers on the machine) burn 1/3 the calories, I dont' swet real hard or have my heart rate shoot up, but the muscles in my thighs get tired...

I think just jogging in the future for me (and maybe some row machines)

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
        toning is also generally associated with working the small muscles, isntead of just the big ones

JM
        What the hell is this nonsense?
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

John Miller don't pay too much attention to your weight, it is a self defeating thing.

Body composition is more important.

For example, you could be 215, but what if you gained muscle and lost fat over 12 weeks, but stayed 215, your waist got smaller and your chest got bigger.

That's a better way to look at it.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

but what man wants boobs like pamela anderson (on his own body, of course)?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
              theres only one muscle I want to keep in good shape
              Keeping your index finger supple so you can pick your nose is not what this thread is about, AH.

Comment

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Going alright so far. But I have a problem with the weights insofar as my left arm is exhausted before my right one. How should I go about equalising strength in my arms?

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II
                    Going alright so far. But I have a problem with the weights insofar as my left arm is exhausted before my right one. How should I go about equalising strength in my arms?
                    You don't want me to answer that, trust me
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      Are you saying that all male dancers are homosexuals?
                      Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracon II

Use your other hand when you're looking at those Japanese poop fetish sites.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'm left handed. But only for writing... and looking at Japanese poop sites

Everything else I generally favour my right hand.

Comment

Check your form. You may be pushing more with your right arm. It is easier to find that out if you are using weight machines. You can also look in a mirror or ask an instructor.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm left handed. But only for writing... and looking at Japanese poop sites

Everything else I generally favour my right hand.

This is a common problem, make sure you incorporate isolated movements into your workout, such as doing dumbell bench press instead of straight bar bench press, every once in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker

This is a common problem, make sure you incorporate isolated movements into your workout, such as doing dumbell bench press instead of straight bar bench press, every once in a while.
                                Barbell presses are inferior to dumbell presses for this reason, and that they use fewer stabilising muscles.
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X