No announcement yet.

Why Do People let Themselves Get Obese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cardio times were mostly 30 minutes.. did less today after the weight lifting

I am planning to increase to 60 minutes in a week or so

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
        my cardio times were mostly 30 minutes.. did less today after the weight lifting

I am planning to increase to 60 minutes in a week or so

Jon Miller
        Just make sure that the closer you get to the weight you want, you are able to create a routine that works for you.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• That's admirable but I think small permanent changes are better.

Most people flunk because they try too hard.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• based on my body...

I think it needs to be permanent

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Ah is right-radical change will fail- your body will fight you- it hates radical change, which is usually a terrible sign of danger.

Obviously to start losing weight you need to excercise far more than before, but that is to get started-general lifestayle changes are needed as well. One simple move, use stairs more often if you are just going up two flights. MInor change, but gets excercise as part of the daily routine.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• I always use stairs..

the thing is, compared to a lot of people (like a lot of my freinds), I do things healthier

but still, my body hates me

I have freinds who never exercise, hardly ever eat anything healthy, etc...

but haven't gained weight like me, and retain muscle better then I (I get really weak if I am not working out 3 days a week..)

also, if I exercise less then 3 days a week, my bad cholestral starts rising, and my good goes nonexistant (so much so that my doctor was bugging me about it a couple times.. all I need to do is exercise 3 days a week for a month before seeing him and the good cholesteral will just be low (and he will tell me to exercise more))

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

A bodybuilder with no girlfriend? Well there's certainly no stereotype there....
                  Ted Striker!
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    My father is obese. He's about 60lbs overweight.

Of course, this probably doesn't bode well for me.
                    Why, do you guys wrestle a lot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake

I find obese kids a terribly tragic thing. It's a reflection of how much society sucks .
                      Yea, seeing an obese child infuriates me (unless it's a glandular thing). IMO it's an open and shut case of child abuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                        The Americans use crazy old units. 8oz? WTF?
                        A half pint for you British boozers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          One good rule is you should always leave the table feeling a bit hungry.

The main problem in my opinion is lack of exercise. Most people eat a balanced diet.
                          Agreed on both accounts.

Comment

• "One good rule is you should always leave the table feeling a bit hungry."

Why? Youre going to be snacking an hour later if you did that.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue
                              "One good rule is you should always leave the table feeling a bit hungry."

Well for those who gobble their food, not taking the time to breathe or chew properly, their stomache doesn't have a chance to alert them that they are already full, so they overeat constantly. I'm a slow eater and rarely over eat because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue
                                "One good rule is you should always leave the table feeling a bit hungry."

Don't snack, or snack a piece of fruit or a yoghurt. Eventually, your stomach adapts and the hunger goes away.

Comment

Working...
                                X