German Elections -- Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Elections -- Results

I hope the mods don't kill this, but the other thread has turned into a spam orgy

So, there are of course no final results yet, but the current standings indicate that no side (Social Democrats/Greens = SPD/Greens vs. Conservatives/Liberals = CDU/FDP) has won decisively. Theoretically there is the chance of a so called red-red-green coalition with Social Democrats, Greens and the more leftist party ("Linke").

But practically the Linke will probably not play a role since the other parties see them still as a derivate of the former Eastern communist party SED and therefore don't like them as partner in a coalition.

So the most probable government for now seems to be a so-called "grand coalition" of Social Democrats and Conservatives.

Current numbers from the two major German tv stations:

ARD 18.39 local time

SPD 33,7 %
    CDU 35,7 %
    FDP 10,3 %
    Green 8,3%
    Linke 8,1 %
    Others 4,0 %

ZDF 18.34

SPD 33,6 %
    CDU 35,9 %
    FDP 10,4 %
    Green 8,2 %
    Linke 8,1 %
    Others 3,8 %
    Blah

I guess nobody expected that!

Comment

Go Others Go!

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
        Go Others Go!
        The others were cool when the Biertrinkerunion (beer drinkers union) was still there, but now they suck. Mostly neonazis and some non-neonazi, but mostly still stupid little parties.

Others

Blah

Comment

Is there any link to a site which has the votes cast state-by-state? I've heard the division of East and West is still very obvious.

Comment

With this weak CDU it was actually more north-south again.
            "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

I heard it's also a division North vs South

Comment

links

Comment

moment

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                    Is there any link to a site which has the votes cast state-by-state? I've heard the division of East and West is still very obvious.
                    Überblick zu Hintergründen, Analysen und Interviews bei tagesschau.de - die erste Adresse für Nachrichten und umfassende Berichte zu aktuellen Themen.
                    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

but still no map?!

Comment

Another weak effort by Hasselhoff
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

How blindly do the invididual MEP's follow the party policy in Germany? How well is the Linke's party structure organised? SPD could try to form a majority with the Greens if they succeed in wooing enough invididual commies to support them.

Comment

Is this a proper description: The CDU/CSU did worse than expected; the FDP did better than expected; the SPD did better than expected; the greens did worse than expected?
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

CDU did worse than excepted, that seems to be true. They were supposed to be the big winners this time around.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X