Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another possible breach of Greek copyright discovered!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another possible breach of Greek copyright discovered!???

I have discovered that Finns have stolen the name "The Winter War" and use it for their own conflict...

...while the original is (did you doubt?) Greek:

I'm a little bit shocked right now and I'll comment further when I calm down.

I mean, Finns seemed like such nice guys and everyhing...

Don't know what to say

err you did notice that the Greek war was after the Finnish one in the cited dates ??
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Finns seemed like such nice guys and everyhing...
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
        err you did notice that the Greek war was after the Finnish one in the cited dates ??
        Look wise guy, the Greek = the original (as always) and you can whine all you want... I'm starting to think paiktis was right about Canadians

Comment

The Greek-Italian one was B.C.
          Blah

Comment

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Notice that the perfidious Finns even nicked the design of that picture. Is a machinegun in both a coincidence?

Comment

Finns > Turks > Greeks.

Greeks
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

Look wise guy, the Greek = the original (as always) and you can whine all you want... I'm starting to think paiktis was right about Canadians
                  I don't know that paiktis has ever been right about anything but I digress

Maybe you should relate the key events and significance of each war and apolytoners can judge which war best deserves the moniker

personally "Winter war" just doesn't seem to fit my image of Greece. Finland with freezing temperatures and deep snow can do justice to such a name. I just think that any "winter war" should involve white uniforms, the chance of freezing to death and the chance of sighting Santa Claus in the vicinity
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Greece is not all mediterranean, you know. Parts that are secluded from the sea by high mountains have a continental climate, add that to the height at which it was fought and the period, it was a winter war alright. THE winter war.

Comment

The blue/white cross design is an ancient Greek symbol. The Finns should change their flag to something else than an imitation of the Greek one

I wonder why the Finns think they need to steal Greece's history and traditions.
                      CSPA

Comment

No snow?

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                          Finns > Turks > Greeks.

Greeks
                          FOPOGS
                          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Lithuania
                            Greece
                            Croatia
                            Italy
                            Israel
                            Tunisia
                            Libya
                            Lebanon
                            Finland

FYROM
                            Turkey
                            Albania
                            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                              X