Opera (browser)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera (browser)

Periodically we discuss this great browser.

It is so rich in options probably nobody takes advantage of them all. I started this thread so we can recommend little improvements, good tricks and discuss Opera in general.

- latest neat trick I learned: Ctrl+z opens a closed tab

- important thing I am still searching for: flash ad blocker from within Opera (not standalone program)

- latest feature I disliked: voice browsing. It's not cool.

Add your stuff.

Why do carry our beloved and honoured flag, that is worth thousands of lives whose blood was spilt in order for the fact to remain that we have the glorious opportunity to have it high up in the air, moving in the air, symbol of freedom and glory and promise for better life. Why do you think you should have it in your profile?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
      Why do carry our beloved and honoured flag, that is worth thousands of lives whose blood was spilt in order for the fact to remain that we have the glorious opportunity to have it high up in the air, moving in the air, symbol of freedom and glory and promise for better life. Why do you think you should have it in your profile?
      If some random Fin can have the flag of Indonesia I don't see why VetLegion can't have the Finnish flag.

Opera

Waiting for my favourite Fanboy to say stupid things about it
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Of course he can have our flag. I was just wondering what the reasons behind that decision. If it's anything else than the fact that we are the only true hope and future for the world and peace, then he's in the WRONG!

And no, Indonesia is not the future, but I'm holding it for other reasons that I'm not about to reveal.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

OPERA FLAG
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Of course he can have our flag. I was just wondering what the reasons behind that decision.
            Pekka, you know what true meaning of life is?

Seeking answers to questions

Comment

lol OK. Watch me continue being interested in your flag choice.
              In da butt.

Comment

I'll have to try it. I got a free registration the other day as part of their 10th birthday celebrations.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                  I'll have to try it. I got a free registration the other day as part of their 10th birthday celebrations.
                  Don't... The moment you try it you'll never look back at any other browser again.

There even is a place where they try to make the Opera experience even better. Bastards
                  Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                  And notifying the next of kin
                  Once again...

Comment

Re: Opera (browser)

Originally posted by VetLegion
                    - latest feature I disliked: voice browsing. It's not cool.
                    Really? Why? (I can't use it because I have Win98)
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                      I also got a free registration . I putz around with Opera every once in a while, but always go back to Firefox.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

infedel
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I don't understand what Opera has on Firefox, aside from a pricetag.

The Firefox 1.5 beta comes out tomorrow (if on schedule), and has a rendering engine two years newer than what's in 1.0.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I also got a free registration . I putz around with Opera every once in a while, but always go back to Firefox.
                            I putz around with Firefox, but always go back to Opera.

Honestly? Once Firefox gets decent control over the tabs that Opera does, built-in, maybe then I'll consider truly switching, but for now...
                            B♭3

Comment

What do you mean by decent control over the tabs?
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X