X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sava. Serious post.

THUNK!

*Falls off chair, dead*
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
      Sava. Serious post.

THUNK!

*Falls off chair, dead*
      Oh, if we could only be so lucky .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I've thought about this and there doesn't seem to be a reason why the level of the city can't be raised to above sea level. It would take a lot of fill material, but that has got to be available somewhere.

How fast is New Orleans sinking?
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
          I've thought about this and there doesn't seem to be a reason why the level of the city can't be raised to above sea level. It would take a lot of fill material, but that has got to be available somewhere.

We can always look towards the fine, impressive masterwork of St. Petersburg in dealing with the filling-the-swamp problem.
          B♭3

Comment

Oh and part of the reason the area around New Orleans is sinking is because of all the oil and gas being pumped out from underground...

You could always close down all the oilfields around Louisiana and fill them in, that might help...

Comment

Oh and part of the reason the area around New Orleans is sinking is because of all the oil and gas being pumped out from underground...
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Well it's not like the New Orleans area is sitting on any hard substrate...

Comment

So, care to enlighten us why you think this is so funny?

Comment

New Orleans was one of the poorest, most violent cities in the country, a pocket of deep and structural poverty, which is exactly why so many died.

New orleans needs to be built differently, to avoid it becoming yet again the failure it was before the hurricane came. There is no point in rebuilding the same City, 'cause the City that was there was a failed one.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                      So, care to enlighten us why you think this is so funny?
                      Dude, those wells are 12,000 - 15,000 feet deep, beneath a number of layers of rock.

Comment

So what you're saying is that you don't know much about basic geology...?

Comment

Care to give a cite on your assertion that New Orleans is sinking because of pumping oil and gas?

Comment

Are you saying you don't believe me?

If so, please explain why it is that you don't believe me so that we have your answer on record before I begin my defence...

Tell me, people say that New Orleans itself is subsiding. Do you agree with this statement and, if so, why would you think that was?

Comment

Amazing what can come out of MOBIUS

So what you're saying is that you don't know much about basic geology...?

Yes because we are all standing on a pillow of oil, and by pumping it out we are actually decreasing land height.. please stop making yourself ridiculous in every single post you make, it´s pretty embarassing
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Are you saying you don't believe me?
                                Show me or blow me.

Comment

Working...
                                X