This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
    Dude, the guy just has trouble with spelling, in case you haven't noticed. Give it a rest.
    Or I could just gently correct it the way you do...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
      So you hold Bush responsible, thanks.

Among many others. He is the head of the government. He is responsible for how his government functions. If it fails to function, he is responsible.

I was in Hugo.

Clinton hadn't rebuilt FEMA then, since he wouldn't be POTUS for another four years. BTW, how old were you then: two, three?

And just how did the Feds get so good Che?

They prepared before hand. They were ready for what was coming, not sitting around with their thumbs up their asses.

What is the major differance between a Florida hurricane and a New Orleans one that the people have never had do deal with on such a scale?

Forgot about Andrew, have we? Bush's father did just as much of a **** up there as his son has done in the Gulf.

And finally, how fast was their resonce to the first major Florida hurricane?

Last year, with Charlie, it was excellent. Our first major storm since Bush's father.

Or I am not letting my emotions get in the way of my thought process.

Of your intellect, apparently.
      Last edited by chequita guevara; September 4, 2005, 16:53.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

So you hold Bush responsible, thanks.
        Wow. You really like this reductionist argument, don't you?

He doesn't just hold Bush responsible--he holds Mayor Nagin, Congress, FEMA's Brown responsible too, among other things.

Of course, that doesn't matter to you, does it?
        B♭3

Comment

• Lousiana Gov blasts Bush

Lets get back to the issue:

I was born in Flint, Michigan and raised on a dirt street by loving parents, two sisters and a lot of Green Giant in a can. Click to read Michael Moore, a Substack publication with hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Oh....

Kanye West telling it like it is.

And... when Hurricane Ivan struck Cuba, the Cuban authorities reportedly managed to evacuate a million people without a single life lost.

Fidel

And I see Fidel offered to send doctors and medical supplies to NO. The US would be wise to take up the offer.

Fidel
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

• They declined those already. Were always going to and Fidel knew too tbh. Kuwaitis offering $500M in oil is quite a nice donation though i thought.

Comment

• Wow. You really like this reductionist argument, don't you?

He doesn't just hold Bush responsible--he holds Mayor Nagin, Congress, FEMA's Brown responsible too, among other things.

Of course, that doesn't matter to you, does it?
                How does this in any way change the fact that he blames Bush.

He is the head of the government. He is responsible for how his government functions. If it fails to function, he is responsible.

Clinton hadn't rebuilt FEMA then, since he wouldn't be POTUS for another four years.
                Precisely, which means not only do I have experiance with hurricans, but a worse experiance at that.

This...

They prepared before hand. They were ready for what was coming, not sitting around with their thumbs up their asses.
                Is inconsistant with this...

Forgot about Andrew, have we? Bush's father did just as much of a **** up there as his son has done in the Gulf.
                Pick a side.

Andrew is what I was getting at. The disaster response mechanisms of this country learned about hurricane response because of Andrew, and that is the reason why Florida suffers far less now. And lets not pat them on the backs just yet, because there have been major mistakes in Florida hurricanes since. However, each time things get better until now hurricanes seem to just passed over harmlessly, like Charlie (of course that is not really the case).

Andrew did not flood out 80 square kilometers, nore did it impede access to the devastated regions. This is new.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Re: Lousiana Gov blasts Bush

Originally posted by techumseh
                  Lets get back to the issue:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=3965
                  Cabinet-level official? No. That's, quite frankly, ridiculous, unless that position expires within a month or two with no way of extending its term.
                  B♭3

Comment

• And... when Hurricane Ivan struck Cuba, the Cuban authorities reportedly managed to evacuate a million people without a single life lost.
                    Speaking of people who believe everything they are told.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightblue
                      They declined those already. Were always going to and Fidel knew too tbh. Kuwaitis offering $500M in oil is quite a nice donation though i thought.
                      They should have taken them. Fidel would have sent them. They are good doctors and the city needed them.

Offering oil is lame.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

How does this in any way change the fact that he blames Bush.
                        Except the way your argument and rhetoric is structured, you take it OUT OF CONTEXT. Yes, he blames Bush. But that's not the whole story, either.

And yet, you merrily ignore the rest of that story.

Incidentally, you completely ignore my long post on why people are holding Bush responsible--the government, for better or worse, is treated as a reflection of him, whether you like it or not.

Precisely, which means not only do I have experiance with hurricans, but a worse experiance at that.
                        experience. hurricanes.
                        Is this what we're doing now? A pissing contest over who's been through worse disasters?
                        B♭3

Comment

• Offering oil is lame.
                          Especially since it is the loss of refining capacity, not crude supply that is going to hurt us.

Though a nice thought by them.

Comment

Speaking of people who believe everything they are told.
                            It's Agathon. He drinks liberally from the font of the Cult of Mac Apple flavored Kool-aid.

That in no way diminishes very valid arguments from other people who do not hold those same views.

And as far as Kanye West, a good ATLian-Chicago boy like me... while what he said was surreal, and really funny, he's not telling it like it is. He's bought into the whole racial card game we're going through.
                            B♭3

Comment

Especially since it is the loss of refining capacity, not crude supply that is going to hurt us.

Though a nice thought by them.
                              Probably a good idea, what with one of their officials going on the religious nutjob tangent and saying that it was Allah's justice...
                              B♭3

Comment

• Except the way your argument and rhetoric is structured, you take it OUT OF CONTEXT. Yes, he blames Bush. But that's not the whole story, either.

And yet, you merrily ignore the rest of that story.

Incidentally, you completely ignore my long post on why people are holding Bush responsible--the government, for better or worse, is treated as a reflection of him, whether you like it or not.
                                I dind't ignore anything, I noted that he blames Bush. Which is correct.

And I did not notice the page break, posts are coming in fast, I will go back.

Comment

Working...
                                X