X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patroklos

You, Sava, didn't do a ****ing thing.

Considering the critisisms you have been laying down, anything short of throwing yourself into the levie break to plug the leak smacks of hipocracy.
    levee. hypocrisy.
    Can I ask what you're doing? It's not like any of us can drop what we're doing and go down to NO to help out--not with every single aid agency telling us to stay away, because we'd only exacerbate the situation by getting in the way.

No, this is a thread to grow political capital of the backs of dead NO citizens. Nothing else. So I guess me saying your care for them is fained is not entirely correct, you do "care" about then a great deal.
    feigned.
    We're Americans. What, we can't feel pain and grief over the people we lost to the storm just because we don't like how the situation is being handled?
    Last edited by Q Classic; September 4, 2005, 15:07.
    B♭3

Comment

• Wow, Q3 handing down an ass-pwning.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Alright Q,

Your post are making me see that I am doing in the opposite direction what I am accusing most posters here of doing.

This constant exageration is just sickening, that people are using this as am oportunity to get some low punches in and then disguise it as sympathy to NO.

Nothing will satisfy poly tubbies, no response of any magnitude would make them happy.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Alright Q,

Your post are making me see that I am doing in the opposite direction what I am accusing most posters here of doing.
          And what, pray tell, is it that you're actually doing? I thought some of the naval ships were shipping out to help--and I thought you were part of the Navy. If this is the case, why weren't you assigned to them? Is that why you have so much time to post and erect paper-thin defenses?

Not to trash you here, but your constant stream of allegations that those of us who don't think this has been handled well is based on entirely two things: 1) that we're doing this because we hate Bush, and 2) that all of us are lazy, hypocritical suckas who don't really give a damn about New Orleans or its people because we're doing jack ****.

What would you have us do? Go down to the ruins of the city, trying to help people, when all the aid organizations have told us to stay away? We could do that. Of course, if we did, not only would we be getting in the way of people better equipped, but without any organization or support structure to maintain our rescue operations, let alone the finances, we'd find ourselves in need of rescue shortly thereafter.

Is that what you want? For us to help by adding to the cluster**** that is the situation in New Orleans?

This constant exageration is just sickening, that people are using this as am oportunity to get some low punches in and then disguise it as sympathy to NO.
          exaggeration. an. And, btw, most people from the area abbreviate it NOLA.
          There's no doubt that exaggeration is happening. The media will report that kind of **** because that's what keeps eyeballs.
          But of course, in every exaggeration, there's a bit of truth--and in a situation like this, it's hard to know where the truth ends and fancy takes over.
          Now, frankly, I don't know the complete truth of what's going on down there. Unless you're posting from the region hit by the storm, like the Gulf Sails blog, I don't think you know the complete truth either. For you to start claiming that we're the ones pulling **** out of our asses and standing there, saying everything's going fine when there is photographic proof stating otherwise...

Nothing will satisfy poly tubbies, no response of any magnitude would make them happy.
          Wrong.

I'd be satisfied if we had competent, strong leadership through this crisis. I'm not seeing any.
          B♭3

Comment

No, this is a thread to grow political capital of the backs of dead NO citizens. Nothing else. So I guess me saying your care for them is fained is not entirely correct, you do "care" about then a great deal.
            No this is a thread about recognizing mistakes that can't be repeated. Ever.

Comment

• Nothing will satisfy poly tubbies, no response of any magnitude would make them happy

And you would never criticize your commander-in-chief no matter what the circumstances. Independent thought has been drilled out of you.
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

God your such a poser.
                And what makes him a poser? That he's not on your side? Is that it?
                B♭3

Comment

Note, Clinton, speaking on CNN as I post, believes that the Federal Goverment has done a fantactic job and is praising the amazing effort.
                  No doubt. Senator Landrieux said that the Federal Government was doing a bang-up job on her interview with Anderson Cooper.

If they are, I'm not seeing any reports of it. Not with things on the ground, as they apparently are.

And besides, you people on the right should know better than to take anything Slick Willie says at face value. He's the guy who lied about getting a Lewinski to the justice system, isn't he? He's the bastard who says pretty much anything to get elected, like "I feel your pain."

The **** he does.
                  B♭3

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Alright Q,

We have all seen plenty of hurricanes hit at times when we were not fans of the people in command of the rescue efforts and yet this is the first time I remember such widespread recognition that the response was far less efficient than usual. It's not that nothing will satisfy the critics. A lot of us usually have been satisfied with the responses to previous disasters and have even had praise for the efficency of those efforts. No. The problem is that there really has been enough screw ups and uncessary delays to make this particular entire effort by and large an embarrassment overall despite the proven competance of so many players involved on the ground.

Comment

• I've found one of those predictive articles, and damn it's a good one. At least, I think it is.

You have to read this

It's an article from 2004 about how Bush mangled FEMA with red tape, outsourcing and funding cuts. Some choice quotes:

But since 2001, key federal disaster mitigation programs, developed over many years, have been slashed and tossed aside. FEMA's Project Impact, a model mitigation program created by the Clinton administration, has been canceled outright. Federal funding of post-disaster mitigation efforts designed to protect people and property from the next disaster has been cut in half, and now, communities across the country must compete for pre-disaster mitigation dollars.
                        In June, Pleasant Mann, a 16-year FEMA veteran who heads the agency's government employee union, wrote members of Congress to warn of the agency's decay. "Over the past three-and-one-half years, FEMA has gone from being a model agency to being one where funds are being misspent, employee morale has fallen, and our nation's emergency management capability is being eroded," he wrote. "Our professional staff are being systematically replaced by politically connected novices and contractors."
                        In case Congress hasn't gotten the message, former FEMA director James Lee Witt recently restated it in strong terms. "I am extremely concerned that the ability of our nation to prepare for and respond to disasters has been sharply eroded," he testified at a March 24, 2004, hearing on Capitol Hill. "I hear from emergency managers, local and state leaders, and first responders nearly every day that the FEMA they knew and worked well with has now disappeared. In fact one state emergency manager told me, 'It is like a stake has been driven into the heart of emergency management.'"

Comment

• What would you have us do? Go down to the ruins of the city, trying to help people, when all the aid organizations have told us to stay away? We could do that. Of course, if we did, not only would we be getting in the way of people better equipped, but without any organization or support structure to maintain our rescue operations, let alone the finances, we'd find ourselves in need of rescue shortly thereafter.
                          I made this exact point at the start of this thread, at which point I was given this..

And what, pray tell, is it that you're actually doing? I thought some of the naval ships were shipping out to help--and I thought you were part of the Navy. If this is the case, why weren't you assigned to them? Is that why you have so much time to post and erect paper-thin defenses?
                          At which point I called them hypocrits.

This is the type of crap I am dealing with when critisizing someone, anyone, is more important that getting a real, logical, relative grasp of ths situation.

Now, frankly, I don't know the complete truth of what's going on down there. Unless you're posting from the region hit by the storm, like the Gulf Sails blog, I don't think you know the complete truth either. For you to start claiming that we're the ones pulling **** out of our asses and standing there, saying everything's going fine when there is photographic proof stating otherwise...
                          I said things are going as well as can be expected, or should be expected, and am basically railing against the ASSUMPTIONS of others, which are all negative.

And you would never criticize your commander-in-chief no matter what the circumstances. Independent thought has been drilled out of you.
                          I criticize him all the time, any one care to discuss the disbanding of the Iraqi Army?

I criticize when there is something to actually do it for, not because I can.

And what makes him a poser? That he's not on your side? Is that it?
                          That he is screaming bloody murder because people have not stopped the rotation of the Earth to help out those in NO, when he has has done nothing more than anyone else.
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Wrong again, hoss. Many, many, many people are doing amazing things to help the refugees.

I'm screaming bloody murder because, as is typical in our politics, no one is taking responsibility for anything that went wrong. And I am absolutely ****ing fed up with it.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• I'm screaming bloody murder because, as is typical in our politics, no one is taking responsibility for anything that went wrong. And I am absolutely ****ing fed up with it.
                              Well here is our disconnect. I see most of these things you talk about (the ones actually happening) to be normal par for the course confusion and coordination problems indicative of this type of disaster. You aparently see everything as criminal neglet.

I expcet my leaders and politicians to not be perfect, you think differently.

Comment

• I'd be absolutely ****ing thrilled if they were anywhere near "not perfect."
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                                X