Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What language would the world speak if your country/people hadn't stopped the *?*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, even at sarcasm no-one can match You.
    Have You ever thought about selling ego?
    You have immense resources of it.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
      If we hadn't stopped the injuns, you'd all be speaking Apache now! And hunting buffalo in loincloths!
      Selma Heyak in a loincloth...?

Comment

If it weren't for YHWH we all would be speaking pre-Babel "Adamite" now.
        får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

Have You ever thought about selling ego?

You have a discounted surplus, let's start there.

Once again, molly: the French have not much to do with the subject
          Oh dear, shall I write slowly, and in capital letters to make it clearer for you ?

That anyone can seriously espouse the notion that what happened between the Austrian Habsburg forces and Louis XIV's France had no relationship to the ability of Austria and its allies to repulse Turkish forces beggars belief.

It would certainly have staggered the court advisors of the Habsburgs, who considered Louis to be the greater threat.

A neutralized France in the West means that more troops from allied German states could assist Austria against the Turks- as happened in history- but obviously not the history you're interested in.

...which only prooves that Turks, after Vienna, were already weak and weren't a serious threat for Europe anymore.

It of course proves nothing of the sort- this is the kind of crappy hindsight revisionist history that I despise so much.

So weak, and so unthreatening were the Turks, that they managed to repulse the Russians in 1711, and defeat the Austrians in 1736-1739.

In fact, they took back territory from Russia and from Venice.

Perhaps they were just taking vitamin shots, hmm ?
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

While Sobieski might have saved Poland, Eugene saved the world.

Comment

Don't You think nearly 30 and almost 60 years are enough time to get back on track? Also, was Austria's existance in danger during these wars, like in 1683?
              Of course, You can claim that Austria was the shield of Christianity and any war that it's won saved Europe in some sence, because it allowed Austria to defend successfully against the Turks. There's some right in it, of course, but only some. And still, Austria could not do without Polish help in 1683.

While Sobieski might have saved Poland, Eugene saved the world.
              He didn't even save Austria alone.
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

Sobieski and his Lithuanian cavalry
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                X