Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What language would the world speak if your country/people hadn't stopped the *?*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What language would the world speak if your country/people hadn't stopped the *?*

So? I start:

Without Germans bringing down the Roman empire* we'd all speak Latin today.

*)If you want to go into a lengthy discussion here about the reasons of the fall of the Roman empire, please start your own thread
    Blah

If it weren't for Gustav Vasa, we'd all speak Danish today.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Without the Dutch competing with the English in the 17/18th century, you'd all be talking English today!
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
        Without the Dutch competing with the English in the 17/18th century, you'd all be talking English today!
        OMG!
        Blah

Comment

Without the English helping the Dutch in the 17th century, they'd all be speaking Spanish

Comment

Err...if the danes had stopped the swedes from taking over here we would be speaking danish, and if the swedes wouldn't have stopped the danes from taking it back we would be speaking danish. Now we're speaking, an accent of swedish with danish influence.
            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

huh! an extremely few number of civs changed the possibility for a different global language. basically, greeks
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Zulu Elephant
                Without the English helping the Dutch in the 17th century, they'd all be speaking Spanish
                *sigh*...if only...so many spanish girls i could talk with then
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Without the Greeks stopping the Persians in the 5th century BC, all europe would be speaking Farsi today (and believe in Mithra).

Without the Greeks stopping the Arabs in the 8th century AD, all (Eastern)Europe would be speaking Arabic today (and believe in Allah).

Without the Greeks holding (partially) off the Turks between 1071 and 1453, the Turks wouldn't have stopped in Vienna and all Europe would be speaking Turkish today and would be eating kebabs...
                  Wait! in fact they do that anyway...
                  "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                  George Orwell

Comment

If we hadn't stopped the Serbs you'd all be speaking Serbian today!

Comment

I don't know if any of those mediterranean civs would want to come to the north, harsh climate and not much people. And hairy brutish vikings to boot.
                      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                        If we hadn't stopped the Serbs you'd all be speaking Serbian today!
                        If we hadn't sponsored the Saudi & Iranian Mujahedin in Bosnia, and rewarded KLA & PLO terrorism against Serbia and Israel, there would be less chance of all having to speak Arabic tomorrow.

Comment

If Al Gore wouldn't have invented the internet, we wouldn't speak english now

Comment

If it hadn't been for Grog being born with a mutation, we wouldn't be speaking at all now.

pwnd
                            CSPA

Comment

I'm a mute.
                              What?

Comment

Working...
                              X