• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Desktop 2.0

Oooooooooooooooooo.

Now with Sidebar.

Features: http://desktop.google.com/features.html#sidebar
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

is the spyware/adware built in or do I have to download it seperate?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You'd think someone with an IQ of over 150 would have a better grasp of the English language by now.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

separate?

is that what you're referring to?

if it's my lack of proper english, it has more to do with me being lazy
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This is one google thing I won't be installing. Sidebars are obnoxious.

Comment

The sidebar is off by default. It's an upgrade to Google Desktop Search 1.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              This is one google thing I won't be installing. Sidebars are obnoxious.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ahh good, I sent them the idea of having images load inside the window; good to see it in. And yes I know, the chances of this idea being implemented because of me is very small.

But true story: When I was 10, my best friend and I were having fun, he told me a stupid joke: "Whats the definition of pain?" I said "what?" "He said "Running through a rose garden then jumping into a pool of dettol".
                Then I sat there and tried to come up with another definition of pain. And I said "What's the definition of pain?" he said "what?", I said "Jumping off the Empire State building and landing on a bike with no seat". That was a good one. (I usually come up with good stuff, very creative I am. ).
                Anyway, about 7 years later, I am watching Friends on TV, and lo and behold, Ross says the exact same joke I just said to my friend back when I was 10. So it proved to me that, if something is funny enough, it will spread around the world.

Oh, I just remembered the episode, I am pretty sure it was the one where Ross and Chandler compete to see who is the funniest. Chandler would write down every joke he makes on a notepad.

Ok, sorry for threadjack. Continue.

Google!!
                Last edited by FrostyBoy; August 22, 2005, 11:44.
                be free

Comment

I really like the new floating deskbar, it's very nicely integrated into Windows.

I also like the gmail indexing builtin.

Comment

Incredible Application from Google

It's like a mini-browser

Now I just need to have it so that I can:

1. Set weather to any city in the world
                    2. Set the news to download from any news site
                    3. Have webclips show streaming video in the same area (like the Photos section).
                    4. Integrate a messanger (if google release one, I will switch to it with no hesitation. R.I.P ICQ.)
                    5. Launch Applications from it
                    6. Monitor any computer activity
                    be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                      Incredible Application from Google

It's like a mini-browser

Now I just need to have it so that I can:

1. Set weather to any city in the world
                      2. Set the news to download from any news site
                      3. Have webclips show streaming video in the same area (like the Photos section).
                      4. Integrate a messanger (if google release one, I will switch to it with no hesitation. R.I.P ICQ.)
                      5. Launch Applications from it
                      6. Monitor any computer activity
                      Rumour has it Google is going to acquire Meetro to base its IM on: http://www.meetro.com/

Comment

If Google runs for world leadership, I'm voting!
                        be free

Comment

I don't want to know the weather. If I need to know what the weather is, I'll look out the window.

Comment

You don't understand, some people like to know what the weather is in another country or another place. What that reason might be, you will have to figure out for yourself.
                            be free

Comment

Wow, Google invented Konfabulator!
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                              X