A neo-feminist's view of abstinence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You seem to have already done so.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Take that all you girls having pre-maritial sex, you're weak-minded followers of Paris Hilton, non-self-respecting and oblivious. Contemplate wearing a burka.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht
        Take that all you girls having pre-maritial sex, you're weak-minded followers of Paris Hilton, non-self-respecting and oblivious. Contemplate wearing a burka.
        were in the hell did this come from. Please dude give me a break. The girls that have sex before marriage are paris hilton followers but the guys that do it are what? are they brad pit queens? welcome to the real freaking world
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
          Ok, let's back up. Pekka said something that's valid here. What if I want to have sex with the same person without having any doubts? I know back in my mind, that I'm going to want to keep having sex with that person, just because I love them and I want to be with them, and not anyone else. Why, if this is what I am looking for, would I want to dally with other women who offer themselves?
          If you're sure that you want to marry her then yeah, you should marry her, but a lot of people want to have sex before they decide if they want to marry someone. You might not meet the person that you marry for a long time. It's nice to have sex before then. Life is short. Heck, maybe you never get married.
          So any woman who says no to you, is risking a breakup? Harsh.
          Yeah, sex is something that I look for in a relationship. I don't think that's harsh, because she's free to find someone else who is looking for something else. Maybe there are plenty of people who don't care about sex that much.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

just because you won't have sex right away doesn't mean you don't care about sex

I am a virgin, and don't plan on having sex until I am love with a girl (and I consider the possibility of waiting for marriage)

and I care a ton about sex, probably is one of the top 3 or so things I think about

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

If you're sure that you want to marry her then yeah, you should marry her, but a lot of people want to have sex before they decide if they want to marry someone. You might not meet the person that you marry for a long time. It's nice to have sex before then. Life is short. Heck, maybe you never get married.
              Understandeable, but the thing I have a hard time wrapping my head around is this idea of just sleeping with someone and being done with them after. I figure if I'm going to have sex with them, that I'm going to want to continue doing so for quite some time.

Yeah, sex is something that I look for in a relationship. I don't think that's harsh, because she's free to find someone else who is looking for something else. Maybe there are plenty of people who don't care about sex that much.
              Well, I think it's harsh, because what if the girl really likes you, but isn't sure whether she wants to sleep with you? You'd be missing out if you dropped her for turning you down the first time that you asked, especially if you care about her in the first place for things other than sex.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                I am a virgin, and don't plan on having sex until I am love with a girl (and I consider the possibility of waiting for marriage)
                Some of us fall in love a lot easier. I've been in love lots of times.
                and I care a ton about sex, probably is one of the top 3 or so things I think about
                I have to admit that it's the top thing that I think about even though I think a lot less about it now that I'm in my 30s. It's not the most important thing to me by far, but it is the thing that I think most about.

Comment

I spend a fair ammount of time thinking about physics stuff, and recently (last year) a fair ammount of time thinking about MMOs

the actual rankings I am not entirely sure on

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                    Understandeable, but the thing I have a hard time wrapping my head around is this idea of just sleeping with someone and being done with them after. I figure if I'm going to have sex with them, that I'm going to want to continue doing so for quite some time.

Well, I think it's harsh, because what if the girl really likes you, but isn't sure whether she wants to sleep with you? You'd be missing out if you dropped her for turning you down the first time that you asked, especially if you care about her in the first place for things other than sex.
                    I know what you are saying. I don't usually sleep with women that I'm not already in a relationship with. But to be honest I have to be pretty sure that I'm going to get plenty of sex during the relationship otherwise I won't be interested. Relationships where you don't get the amount of sex that you want aren't good relationships. I've seen them where (usually the man) is unhappy because you doesn't get what he wants.

Comment

Hey, being celebate is a perfectly valid personal choice. There's nothing wrong with it.

But this "neo-feminist" didn't stop there, she had to go and make blanket (and untrue) generalizations about those who don't share her opinion. The sanctimony dripping from her was disgusting.

So for that, she gets the "Stupid *****" stamp on her forehead.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I don't see how only having sex with someone you are in love with == celibate

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

oh and I take back my comments earlier in this thread, I forgot I wasn't qualified to speak on the subject .

but seriously, I'm disfunctional. My opinion really is not valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            just because you won't have sex right away doesn't mean you don't care about sex

JM
                            this is probably the best thing to do. sex is overrated.

just don't do what I did and have sex with a prostitute.

Comment

I smell a rat - I don't think that person is real.

If someone laid that little speech on me I would find the overweaning self regard very unattractive. If you want to be have sex, have sex, if you don't, don't. The rest of it is just boring.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Neo-feminists? When people start attaching "neo-" to anything, it's usually a bad sign.

Can't we get rid of the Neornithines soon!??
                                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                                X