Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet the author is ugly.

Comment

Women are far too easily swayed into casual sex nowadays. From a guy's (well, my) perspective why would I want to be with a girl that's 'done the rounds' so to speak?
      STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Practice makes perfect.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

That's not what she said at all. She said abstinence, which is different than giving it up to everyone. She said those that don't do abstinence are 'weak-minded' and 'non-respecting' because they have sex with their boyfriends.

well my opinion falls somewhere in between that..
          i do think there are a lot of women these days that
          have low self esteem and who are weak minded and don't respect themselves.. and there are a few who
          seem to enjoy the role of playing the man.. moving from man to man and using them for pleasure.. honestly i don't think many are really capable of doing that without hurting themselves.

she is on one extreem and quite a lot of others on the other extreem... i find myself somewhere in the middle i think... waiting for love .. not really marriage..
          love is more of a commitment .. not just a piece of paper..

of course im an older woman.. not a young person just starting out...
          and ive been there and done that.. and its really not
          something that makes a person feel good about yourself. being able to say no and feel proud of that is a wonderful thing.
          "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

sex is ok but when you get bored of sex, you want romance

but hell, she´s not even giving it a try
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Practice makes perfect.
              I don't know... Isn't there something romantic about 2 people trying to muddle through for the first time?
              STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

committing sin is romantic if kissing is involved
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

being able to say no and feel proud of that is a wonderful thing.
                  Being on the other side, if you were young would you take this route, not having the luxury of knowing what you know now?

It's very easy for the young folks to get discouraged. I know I struggle with waiting all the time.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

EVery woman wants me. The question is, if they are ready to suicide themselves for me. There are some women who are not ready for that. But they have crazy in their head.

When they say this is not true, they are simply lying.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

i find myself somewhere in the middle i think

Then you aren't really in her camp . The middle is usually the best place to be.

I would think that in an era of repressed female sexuality, where women couldn't be what they wanted and couldn't have sex or admit they wanted sex, they had much lower self-esteem and less respect for themselves.

Women can have sex before marriage and still have great self-esteem and great respect for themselves. IMO, it is the mark of a well adjusted woman if she has sex before marriage. Otherwise, I'd be afraid if they had such low self-esteem and such low respect for themselves that they felt they had to conform to the Christian no-sex-before-marriage model.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Being on the other side, if you were young would you take this route, not having the luxury of knowing what you know now?

when i was young.. i was a virgin till i married.
                        a commitment made by me and yes in a religious context. but you have to see in the whole sence
                        of when that was.. back in the late 60's and 70's
                        when everyone was in the middle of the free sex
                        revolution.. i was one of a few virgins i knew at the time.
                        most were not.

it wasn't till i was disalusioned by men and marriage that
                        much later i went the other path for a while.

and yes i would take the same path.. again.
                        regret nothing.. learn from everything.

Comment

women are so boring and squishy

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

IMO, it is the mark of a well adjusted woman if she has sex before marriage. Otherwise, I'd be afraid if they had such low self-esteem and such low respect for themselves that they felt they had to conform to the Christian no-sex-before-marriage model.
                            So it's only the folks who have no respect for themselves who wait? Maybe they want a husband rather than a 'boyfriend', and feel that the best way to get what they want is to wait for one.

If you're stuck with a boyfriend, then there's not much chance of getting a marriage out of it, if the boyfriend has everything he wants without one.

As for conforming to the Christian model, I'd think the pressure to conform works more the other way. After all, isn't it just the way the world works nowadays?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                              women are so boring and squishy
                              and men can be such pigs

Comment

Re: A neo-feminist's view of abstinence

Originally posted by boann
                                Women give it up as if it's nothing. When in fact, it is everything.
                                No. It's nothing. If you want to be proud of an accomplishment do something besides not having sex. Not having sex isn't anything but stupid.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X