No announcement yet.

Lost in Translation II - totally lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops, when I subscribed, I was in Paris, where French-Spanish dictionaries lie

I have been in Stuttgart for two days, and completely forgot to bring a Spanish-French dictionary with me. As per the rules, I cannot use online dictionaries

This is going to be cheesedly hobbitty indeed

Originally posted by Karoch
    Good luck with the translation.

Well thank you, I'll need it
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• when are we going to get the results?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Very soon. I'll mobilize my brain for the translation not to be too alien, and I'll send it to LOTM. He's the last player.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
          Very soon. I'll mobilize my brain for the translation not to be too alien, and I'll send it to LOTM. He's the last player.
          I'll try to check in over the weekend, and do it, but be patient.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Oops, when I subscribed, I was in Paris, where French-Spanish dictionaries lie

I have been in Stuttgart for two days, and completely forgot to bring a Spanish-French dictionary with me. As per the rules, I cannot use online dictionaries
            What?!?!?

I havent found my pocket Larouse. I cant use an online dictionary??????? Cheesy Hobbits indeed. I have some french textbooks with glossaries, but they wont help for any halfway obscure words.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
              I havent found my pocket Larouse. I cant use an online dictionary??????? Cheesy Hobbits indeed. I have some french textbooks with glossaries, but they wont help for any halfway obscure words.
              Really?

Comment

• ah to hell with dictionaries. I think I can do this

poem 1

She is at my side,
                And i value her, without a doubt.
                The morning beauty has chosen me.
                Since then, she has put me to work.

She chose me without hesitation,
                Without even knowing me.
                I am going to the ends of the earth
                By the valleys, by the forest, by the dirt.

Poem 2

Yes, always earning,
                one is scarcely prepared for sorrow.
                but the truth is mine, I regret nothing Ive done
                Its enough to have been with my love on the morrow.

Comment

• Sent.

There were a few words I didn't begin to fathom. In order to have at least some idea of what they meant, without looking up online dictionaries, I simply googled random webpages containing text that had that word. It let me to guess the meaning of the word thanks to the context.

Don't worry, I'm sure I guessed wrong very often

Comment

• what?
                    CSPA

Comment

• Erm...That changed shape a fair bit...
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• LOTM

Really great to have made a poem out of what I sent you

Comment

• LOTM - wtf is this? delete it.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Wow, that's beautiful, lotm!

Only vaguely recognizable from when I had it 5-6 turns ago, but hey, that's the whole purpose of it!

Now to wait for the mysteries to hopefully be sorted out.

Comment

LOTM

Really great to have made a poem out of what I sent you

Its harder to rhyme in english than in french, I think.

Comment

• I think I'm the one who mangled it beyond recognition

(and to say that I can understand pretty much one half of the government's websites in Spanish - or at least I believe so )

Comment

Working...
                                X